When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Ecological Outcome Verification (EOV) is an empirically based data collection protocol, created and managed by the Savory Institute (SI), that provides practical and scalable soil and landscape assessment methodology by tracking regenerative outcomes in biodiversity, soil health, and ecosystem function.
EOV validates regenerative outcomes of land around the world to accelerate SI’s mission of facilitating the large-scale regeneration of the world's grasslands and the livelihoods of their inhabitants, through Holistic Management. As a program, EOV strives to be contextually relevant, scientifically robust, farmer-first, scalable, and outcome-based.
EOV Statement of Purpose: To provide and evolve a scientifically robust methodology to measure and verify ecological outcomes, to inform good land management, to enable Land to Market to differentiate offerings in the marketplaces, and to position associated data in the high-quality ecosystem markets.
EOV Project Manager/Director
The EOV Project Manager/Director will contribute to a range of tasks supporting the team’s goals and ensuring the EOV program continues to grow, scale, and maintain integrity in alignment with the organization’s mission.
An ideal candidate will have interest and experience in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing multiple projects of varying size and scope involving both internal and external stakeholders. In addition, relevant experience in the use of the EOV protocol is highly desirable and a passion for data and land monitoring will be needed for success in the role. This role will be accountable for planning and allocating resources within a budget, monitoring progress, and keeping stakeholders informed throughout project life cycles.
- Contribute to continuously and proactively refining and course correcting EOV scientific direction and program strategies; the program is intended to evolve in parallel with scientific findings, stakeholders, markets, technology and implementation realities, so being creative and flexible to remain advancing toward mission is critical.
- Review EOV program goals and KPIs for the year
- Develop and implement projects to advance towards identified goals
- Be responsible and accountable for projects, facilitate progress and coordinate with others as needed to keep projects on task
- Process communications from other Savory team members, as well as external stakeholders, to resolve questions and requests
- Work closely with and support EOV Technology Director to ensure technology projects are on track, on budget, and serving the broader goals of EOV and stakeholders.
- Contribute to oversight and coordination of EOV program staff across sub-departments to ensure cohesion of efforts.
- Work closely with EOV Training Coordinator to ensure training related projects are resourced and on track
- Operate within other EOV systems by using appropriate technology platforms (e.g. Salesforce, EOV Platform and mobile app, Notion, Zoom, Google Suite, etc.)
- Meet with broader Savory team members on a regular basis to ensure larger team and EOV team continue to stay aligned
- Meet with EOV Quality Assurance (QA) team and/or supervisor on a regular basis
The quickly growing and dynamic nature of the EOV program within the Savory Institute may require our small team to take on other responsibilities as needed beyond what has been outlined above. This role will require adaptability and willingness to jump in wherever and whenever requested.
- Demonstrated experience with large scale project management including multi-stakeholder partnerships required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience with or knowledge of EOV protocol is a considerable advantage
- Experience of knowledge of the Savory Global Network desirable
- Understanding of regenerative agriculture and the work of Savory Institute a considerable advantage
- International experience desirable
The ideal candidate will manage holistically and adhere to a culture of open and transparent communication, team solidarity, professionalism, accountability, and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Savory Institute is not only a global leader in the world of regenerative agriculture, but also a leader in regenerative organizational behavior and culture. We have historically very low employee and contractor turnover, with employees and partners pointing to the meaningfulness of the work as well as the amazing organizational culture.
This position has the potential to be remote, and even international. Pending the ideal candidate's geographic location, we have the flexibility to design compensation and benefit packages to make the role mutualistic between the organization and the person. All designed to allow the ideal person to thrive in their position with autonomy, support, encouragement and energy.
Some examples of the benefits offered to team members include (but are not limited to):
- 100% contribution to employee and family medical, dental, vision and AD&D life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Wildly flexible schedule design
- Personal technology reimbursements
- Strong compensation
- Potential for global travel
- Strong focus on personal health and wellbeing
Geographic location of the ideal candidate will contribute to design of payroll and compensation packages depending on legal and regulatory requirements.