When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The Environmental Project Manager, California & the SouthWest position requires working from a home office located in California or a surrounding state. This position is in the Environmental Licensing & Permitting Section of the Corporate Environmental Services Department supporting new development opportunities for NextEra Energy Resources and other NextEra Energy affiliates.
The position provides the opportunity to use your environmental knowledge and skills to acquire permits for renewable energy projects. You will advise multidisciplinary teams on environmental permitting strategies to facilitate development of a broad range of energy projects including wind and solar; energy storage such as batteries, hydrogen and hydro; as well as transmission lines.
Primary responsibilities include working closely with development teams to obtain all required federal, state and local environmental licenses, permits and approvals for development projects in California and other western states, as needed. The successful candidate will have experience obtaining permits from land use agencies at the county and federal levels and a solid track record for implementing the California Environmental Quality Act as well as the National Environmental Policy Act. Responsibilities will include consulting with and obtaining permits from agencies such as the USFWS, USACE, CDFW, and RWQCB.
The applicant must have relevant project management experience with the ability to lead, with limited direction, new corporate development opportunities and acquisitions and the ability to support multiple projects with multifaceted environmental and regulatory issues. Applicant must have the ability to assist in comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews for potential acquisitions. Applicant must be willing to travel as needed.
The successful candidate must maintain current knowledge of pertinent national and state level environmental policies and regulations, have the ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders, and be able to assist in resolving complex environmental matters. He or she must help ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations, as well as company policies.
Employees in the Environmental Project Manager (California & the SouthWest) position provide subject matter expertise in environmental, due diligence and compliance for the company's Power Delivery business unit which includes transmission and distribution operations in Florida and transmission operations in the United States and Canada.
- Ensures that robust processes and systems are in place to manage due diligence and permitting
- Provides subject matter expert input on transmission and distribution line route and substation site selection
- Ensures that use of consultants and vendors is managed in compliance with corporate procurement and financial policies
- Identifies and mitigates environmental risks and provides innovative solutions to environmental challenges
- Provides project management for Power Delivery environmental permitting
- Provides environmental due diligence, permitting and construction compliance technical support on business unit projects
- Translates environmental regulations and permits into actionable compliance tasks
- Provides effective and timely environmental-related communication and reporting to all levels of the business unit
- Identifies and manages environmental risks
- Understands and communicates business implications of new environmental legislation and regulations
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
- Master’s Degree
Note: Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.