When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking a motivated, organized individual to join its Emerging Technologies Collaborative (ETC) team as a Program Assistant.
CEE is a nonprofit consortium of utility program administrators, primarily large investor-owned utilities from across the US and Canada, that work together on common approaches to advancing efficiency. By working together at CEE, members leverage the effect of their funding dollars and exchange information on effective practices to help transform energy efficiency markets for the public good.
The ETC seeks to accelerate the consideration and adoption of emerging technologies and innovative program approaches into utility demand side management (DSM) portfolios and the market at large, and to increase the effectiveness of CEE members’ efficiency programs.
The Emerging Technologies Program Assistant position will support the research and development of annual ETC deliverables, as well as the facilitation of member collaborations, to advance emerging technology program efforts.
Under the direction of the ETC Sector Lead, the individual will assist in generating reports on emerging opportunities selected by the collaborative. Research efforts will focus on the potential energy efficiency benefits, utility system benefits, and nonenergy impacts of these emerging opportunities, as well as analyses of their technological maturity, availability in the market, and viability to be implemented into utility programs.
The successful candidate will also support the development of the Catalog of Emerging Opportunities Assessments, a resource consisting of pilots, programs, and other projects conducted by CEE members that is updated annually and made available to all CEE sponsors.
In addition, we seek an individual with strong interpersonal and written communication skills who is organized in their work habits, exhibit problem solving capabilities, and possesses a desire for continuous improvement.
- Conduct primary and secondary research related to emerging technologies and innovative program approaches. Analyze the technical and market maturity, and the feasibility of these opportunities in utility portfolios. Draft related reports, studies, memoranda, and other professionally written products in support of internal and CEE member needs.
- Support annual updates to the Catalog of Emerging Opportunities Assessments. Manage the collection and copyediting of assessments from members through Excel, Access, and Power BI software
- Coordinate and prepare materials (e.g., agendas, presentations, discussion questions) for meetings with members and industry partners to share market transformation strategies for driving the adoption of high performing equipment and innovative utility program approaches that deliver energy efficiency, load management, and decarbonization impacts.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the ETC Senior Program Manager and other operational ETC tasks, as assigned.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience (or master’s degree) in a relevant field, such as business, economics, building science, environmental studies, or similar.
- Demonstrated research and data analysis skills; ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative information for different audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong people skills, service orientation, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Experience managing and troubleshooting Access database queries and tables is a plus. Proficiency with Power BI desired but not required. Familiarity with Salesforce desired but not required.
- Willingness to travel domestically, averaging approximately one trip per quarter.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
Work is done primarily on computers, looking at screens for 6+ hours of the workday. Due to Covid-19, work is currently done remotely. Employees are expected to commute to in-person events at the office or in the region as needed, including meetings, events, and in-person training. In-person meetings involve domestic travel and multiple days of moving between meetings at hotels and conference centers.
The CEE Office is located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton, MA. This facility is convenient to I-95, Rt. 1, and Rt. 128.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
- Writing sample (5 pages maximum) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills
- Please click "Apply" below to email your application materials to Adam Cornelius, noting the location you found this posting and including the job title and your name in the subject line. Example: “Jane Smith—Program Assistant, Emerging Technologies”
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.