When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Sandhills Energy seeks to accelerate the growth of renewable energy adoption by utilities and farming communities. We work to cultivate positive and lasting landowner relationships with Renewable Energy. We create innovative solutions for Utilities and project Owners to identify strategic locations and take advantage of new technologies, methods, and legislation to improve project viability.
Sandhills Energy is seeking a highly organized and dynamic project developer to lead the development, procurement, and construction of our renewable energy assets. The Director, Project Development role requires a comprehensive understanding of project management principles, experience in renewable energy development, and the ability to coordinate multifaceted projects. As Director, you will be responsible for managing project timelines, ensuring milestones are met, and that projects are completed within budget and scope.
- Location: Omaha, NE – Office-based with flexibility
- Oversee the project lifecycle of renewable energy assets, from origination to beginning of construction
- Periodic travel to project development sites. Estimated 3-5 times per month at peak
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including schedules, budgets, and resource plans
- Manage relationships and procurement schedules with key vendors for the major components in a renewable energy project including: turbines, modules, racking, inverters, and transformers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for project success
- Liaise to ensure quality standards and regulatory compliance with contractors, vendors, and consultants
- Manage and update project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools and techniques primarily in Smartsheet
- Identify project risks and opportunities, developing contingency plans as needed
- Communicate regularly with internal and external stakeholders, providing project updates and reports
- Facilitate problem-solving and decision-making processes, addressing any issues that may impact project scope, schedule, or budget
- 3+ years of project development experience, preferably in renewable energy
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, or related field
- Strong technical background in renewable energy technologies
- Knowledge of permitting, contracting, and financial aspects of energy project development
- Detail-oriented with effective communication skills
- Proficient in Smartsheet, Box, Microsoft Suite, and Adobe applications
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead teams effectively and foster collaborative relationships
- Willingness to travel as required for managing projects across different locations
- An entrepreneurial mindset and proven bias for action will be strongly encouraged
- Passion for sustainability and renewable energy
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Simple IRA with company match
- Flexible schedule
- Structured bonus opportunity
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Please click "Apply" below to email your letter of interest and resume.
Applications accepted until January 15, 2024.