When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Company You’ll Join
At Bidgely (which means “electricity” in Hindi), we work to accelerate a clean energy future by enabling energy companies and consumers to make data-driven, energy-related decisions.
We are a global company, with roots in Silicon Valley, California and Bangalore, India. Bidgely carries over seventeen energy patents, and brings a passion for AI to utilities serving over twenty-seven million customers worldwide!
Bidgely is an AI-powered, cloud based SaaS solution provider that enables electric and gas utilities worldwide to personalize customer experiences, optimize grid and customer operations and accelerate their journey towards the clean energy future.
The Energy Industry is being disrupted by a number of new technologies like EVs, Solar, Batteries, Smart Meters, and Smart Home devices. Consumers are becoming self-sufficient with their own energy production and storage threatening a century old utility business model. Additionally, the grid was not designed for the peaks created by EVs and the valleys created by the solar generation which has created new challenges and opportunities for the utilities (and innovative companies) to manage an evolving grid.
The Position and the Team You’ll Work With
We’re looking for a highly experienced Director of Product to oversee, lead and manage Bidgely’s Customer eXperience Product Team throughout the product development process. In this role you will have the visibility of all levels of product development, from Market Analysis to Product Design, UX, Prioritization, Planning, Agile product development, and Product KPI Monitoring.
As the Director of Product, you will be delivering the absolute best user experience to Utility residential and business customers. You will deliver this to as many users as possible and in as many delightful moments as possible by leveraging the most advanced Utility AI technology and data available on the market.
You will be a leader on the Bidgely Product Team, a team which looks to deliver a completely personalized experience to millions of residential and business energy consumers on behalf of our client Utilities.
As a product leader in the organization, you will work closely with team members across the Product Management, Engineering, Innovation, Delivery, Sales and Marketing teams to ensure product milestones, key performance indicators, and financial goals are met.
We’re looking for candidates with a proven ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization, a strong aptitude for idea generation and the ability to work with the subtleties of experience design, data-driven consumer products and data-driven iteration.
- Passionate about a clean energy future
- Innovative – You challenge the status quo to drive impact
- Results driven – Be dedicated to delivering stellar outcomes, and accept nothing less. Know your goals, chart your path, and execute with precision and passion.
- Quality Focused: Quality is at the heart of everything you do. You take great pride in your work and are a trusted resource.
What You Will Bring
- 8+ years of experience in product management, 4+ years of managing product teams or a combination of both experiences
- Experience in Utilities Markets is highly preferred
- Deep understanding of digital product best practices and agile methodology
- A proven track record of successfully shipping consumer products that meet customer needs and drive business impact
- Strong experience working with digital communication channels and platform integrations
- Demonstrated creative prowess and capability or the ability to effectively manage creatives and/or the creative thinking process applied to the Utility Consumers business
- Passionate about Consumer eXperience — pushing for elegant experiences and creative solutions rooted in deep understanding of how consumers are actually using the product
- Ability to develop relationships with your Engineering, Innovation, Marketing, and business partners to get the best out of your teammates – both in how you work together and what you deliver to our listeners
- Strong communication and storytelling skills, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats, depending on context
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, using a variety of evidence and communication styles
- Ability to partner with UX on devising better, simpler, smarter interactions. Whenever possible, think beyond the competitive status quo to bring new perspectives and ideas to UX problems and solutions.
- Strong managerial skills in hiring, leading, growing and upskilling direct and indirect reports in the product management domain
- A high standard for yourself and others and the ability to help others meet high standards through a growth mindset and servant leadership.
What You Can Look Forward To
- Develop, lead, and execute on a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Consumer eXperience solutions, including the launch of highly innovative features based on Bidgely’s unique AI capabilities
- Own the consumer interface across all channels including web, mobile, emails, text, and emerging devices. You will shape how Utility customers experience the product and engage in our Utility client brand
- Demand and create a data-driven product culture that emphasizes continuous testing, experimentation, iterative design and development using lean/agile methodology
- Define and own clear business key performance indicators, key results, and product goals around solution growth, acquisition, engagement, retention and expansion
- Set clear goals, managing team loads and allocating product managers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting your team members for overall success
- Oversee all tracks of CX product work, including innovation, engagement, growth and ensuring that tracks use the right indicators to measure success and that their work fits together into a cohesive product strategy
- Engage with Bidgely’s Executive Team to continuously refine and update the CX product strategy and to present progress
Why You’ll Love Working at Bidgely
- Opportunity to grow with a startup
- We are a passionate team united by the goal of a clean energy future
- Ongoing training opportunities to hone your leadership skills
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Parental Leave policy
- Unlimited PTO (Please plan to take at least 3 weeks in a year)
- Employee Assistance Programs for mental health and wellbeing
- Home Office Stipend
Bidgely is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower the individuals who make up our workforce by supporting the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences therein. Bidgely thrives on the benefits it brings to our employees, products, and community.