When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Highly respected organization, California Environmental Voters (EnviroVoters) Education Fund is excited to launch a search for a Campaign Organizer to join our dynamic, fun, and high-performing team!
We are looking to hire a few part-time grassroots campaign organizers to support the EnviroVoters Ambassadors Program. The program trains and empowers the next generation of climate justice leaders throughout California’s Central Valley in the foundations of grassroots organizing and advocacy. By building the capacity of emerging advocates, we hope to train, grow, and learn with the leading generation of Environmental and Environmental Justice movement. The program also seeks to support an environmental and environmental justice professional pipeline especially for young, BIPOC individuals from overburdened regions of California.
The part-time grassroots campaign organizers will join the Ambassadors to build and execute a shared campaign to build power for water equity and climate justice issues in the Central Valley.
- Wage: A competitive hourly range of $18 base pay
- Department: Political
- Reports To: Central Valley Regional Organizer
- Position Location: Central Valley or Inland Empire - Remote
- Work Schedule: We currently work two (2) days a week in office and three (3) days remotely with the possibility of increasing to three (3) in office workdays in the future
- Vaccine Policy: We require all staff to be fully vaccinated
WHO WE ARE
EnviroVoters Education Fund works through programs focused on voter engagement and mobilization, issue advocacy, legislative accountability, and research and opinion polling to provide the public, policymakers, and environmental advocates with the resources they need to make California’s air, water and natural resources cleaner and greener through the democratic process. For more information, please visit www.envirovotersedfund.org.
The work of EnviroVoters Education Fund to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social, and environmental justice. Engaging Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
OUR CORE VALUES
Relationships are at the heart of our culture and our core values enable us to build ones that are strong, trusting, empowering, and thriving. Therefore, in our everyday interactions with each other and our partners, we strive to act with Equity, Courage, Integrity, Compassion, Impact, and Learning.
WORK SCHEDULE AND VACCINE POLICY
A focus on relationships also informs our work schedule. We believe time together in person is critical to team building. To that end, we currently work two days a week in person with the possibility of increasing to three in the future. As such, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated.
BUILDING POWER FOR CENTRAL VALLEY COMMUNITIES
EnviroVoters Education Fund Campaign Organizer is a part-time, temporary position. It equips the next generation of environmental champions with the tools and knowledge needed to enhance their advocacy work, such as:
- Support organizing and voter education campaigns by building power with communities on climate, environmental, environmental justice, and other local issues.
- Outreach and Recruitment of community members to support base-building and recruitment on environmental and Environmental Justice issues.
- Collaborate with cohort members on an intersectional environmentalism movement and develop leaders of the future, especially in historically excluded communities of color in California.
- Develop and lead community forums, initiatives, run successful electoral and organizing campaigns that effectively advance community-identified environmental issues while advocating for a vibrant, sustainable, and healthy environment.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings to develop campaigns, follow-up on administrative duties, and other field work related to the organizing and campaign goals.
- Participate and lead workshops to help develop organizing through base-building, leadership development, campaigns, and electoral organizing.
- Develop members and communities organizing capacity through base-building, leadership development, campaigns, get out the vote campaigns, digital organizing, as well as issue and social media advocacy.
- Help facilitate political education, skills building, and relationship building/support amongst members, community, and other intersectional topics.
Salary is $18.00 an hour base pay. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and a pleasant working environment.
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to assume a pivotal role with this highly respected organization from September 2022 – June 2023.
California Environmental Voters and the California Environmental Voters Education Fund are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.