When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
WHO WE ARE
Ocean Visions is a non-governmental, non-profit science and innovation organization whose mission is to confront and solve big, complex threats to the ocean. We work to develop innovative and durable solutions to complex challenges working through and with the Ocean Visions Network, which brings together leading oceanographic and research institutions with a diverse set of private sector actors.
We seek a Director of Finance and Administration to join our small but growing virtual team to maintain and strengthen the critical financial and administrative systems that ensure Ocean Visions can function effectively and thrive. As a young organization with a fast growth trajectory, Ocean Visions needs an experienced and competent professional, preferably with strong expertise in finance and administration of non-profit organizations. Experience with human resources and IT systems would be a plus. Above all, we require a dedicated, self-starting, reliable person who can help to build and improve the systems and tools needed for effective operation of a small but complex networked organization.
- Ensure accurate overall financial stewardship and administration; oversee external comptroller (YPTC.com).
- Help to develop, maintain and track annual budget and programmatic sub-budgets.
- Oversee monthly bookkeeping, ensure accurate coding and allocation of all expenses and production of monthly reports.
- Track spending against restricted grants and prepare reports on these as needed.
- Help to develop and maintain annual budget and programmatic sub-budgets.
- Institute and maintain key financial policies and controls.
- Manage contracts and agreements (NDAs, Independent Contractor agreements) and disbursements of payments.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll, PTO and other leave requests.
- Ensure adequate record-keeping.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee organizational records, document control and management of shared filing system.
- Manage employee handbook and updating process.
- Manage annual performance review process.
- Co-lead in the recruitment of new staff.
- Ensure that IT systems are maintained in good function, relying on contractors as needed to build and/or improve critical systems (e.g. cyber security, databases, etc.).
- Ensure good operation of all organizational IT tools and subscriptions (e.g. Zoom, Monday.com).
- Maintain relevant internal email lists and groups up to date.
Other duties as assigned
- Serve as the point of contact with Insperity (our PEO) on all HR related issues.
- Help maintain Board records.
- Help organize and manage events.
- Help OV staff on organizing and scheduling of workshops, meetings.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience is required. Preference given to candidates with more experience and to those with a degree in a related field.
- Degree in a related field.
- Experience in finance.
- Past experience working effectively both independently and in teams.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Strong task management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload, while adjusting to periodic changes to account for new opportunities.
- Capacity to write and to synthesize information.
- Ability to operate with independence, to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
LOCATION, HOURS, AND TRAVEL
- This is a regular full-time remote position. Applicants must be U.S.-based, legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- May require occasional domestic travel (no more than a few times a year).
- The salary range for this position is $70,000-$100,000 dollars, commensurate with the candidate’s specific skills, years of experience, and unique background.
- Ocean Visions offers a competitive benefits program including dental, vision, and health insurance, generous vacation and sick time, funds for home office maintenance, a 403(b) plan, and more.
- Copy and paste this address into your browser: https://oceanvisions.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Director-of-Finance-and-Administation.pdf which includes a link in the "To Apply" section to upload a cover letter addressing your specific interests in and qualifications for the role, and your resume, as a single combined PDF file.
- Candidate review will begin on January 3, 2023 and the application process will remain open until the position is filled. No phone calls or email inquiries will be fielded.
Finalists will be asked to provide names and contact information for professional references
Ocean Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Visions is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.