When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Larimer County Conservation Corps (LCCC) promotes individual development through service for the benefit of our environment and community. LCCC is housed within and administered by the Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development.
The Assistant Forestry Crew Leader is a seasonal position mentoring a crew of six young adults who perform various conservation projects. Projects focus on hazardous tree removal, fire mitigation, and invasive species removal using chainsaws on public and private lands throughout the community. Assistant crew leaders serve alongside the corpsmembers and to complete service projects in a variety of weather conditions and terrain. Assistant crew leaders are not responsible for directly supervising corpsmembers.
All participants will be provided with S-212 Wildland Fire Chain Saws and Wilderness First Aid/CPR certifications before beginning conservation projects. Potential projects include: fire mitigation at Arapaho Ranch in Nederland, CO; fire mitigation at Button Rock Reservoir in Lyons, CO; tree planting within the Cameron Peak Burn scar; and trail maintenance within the Arapaho-Roosevelt National Forest. Transportation to and from the work site and meals during the work week will be provided.
* Crew Leader Position is not an AmeriCorps position; Corpsmember and Assistant Crew Leader positions are AmeriCorps
- Position Title: Corpsmemeber, Assistant Crew Leader and Crew Lead - Forestry
- Location: Fort Collins, Colorado (Greater Larimer County)
- Timeline of Service: August 22 or 29 – November 4, 2022 (tentative) temporary, full-time position
- Stipend Allotment: see individual positions
- *AmeriCorps Benefits: $1,342.86 AmeriCorps Education Award upon completion for qualified individuals (this position may qualify for academic credit)
- Application: larimer.org/lccc/joinus