When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Position Description: Educational Program Manager, Corporate Sustainability & EHS
Are you interested helping Fortune 500 companies advance sustainability and achieve a more positive impact on society?
NAEM, the National Association for Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) Management is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative individual to join our team as the Program Manager for the Association’s learning programs.
NAEM’s mission is to advance the principles and practice of Sustainability and EHS management in corporations and it’s learning programs are designed for corporate Sustainability and EHS leaders. NAEM offers a flexible and supportive working environment, and this role reports to the Director of Programs.
Primary Responsibility Areas:
The Program Manager is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the Association’s educational programs focused on advancing the how companies are managing and advancing their EHS & Sustainability goals.
Project Management: The Program Manager manages the development and implementation of the Association’s on-line and in-person educational learning programs (i.e., conferences, webinars, training, peer-based problem solving).
Corporate Sustainability and EHS Issues and Trends Tracking: The Program Manager is responsible for having a strong knowledge of relevant trends, challenges, tools, resources, and experts pertaining to corporate environmental, health& safety and sustainability (EHS&S) management programs.
Strategic Planning: The Program Manager assists with short and long-term strategic planning related to Association learning programs (i.e., conferences, webinars, training, peer-based problem solving).
Event Management Support: The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating with the Director of Programs on timelines, logistics, contracts, and expense management as well as providing support, as needed, with each learning event.
Educational Content Development
- Create engaging content, develop sessions and learning objectives for a variety of target audiences within the corporate EHS and sustainability management community
- Prioritize and curate EHS&S management topics for programming
- Convene and lead volunteer committees of corporate EHS and sustainability leaders for the purpose of developing and implementing agendas for educational conferences and related programming
- Conduct speaker management and coaching to ensure presentation content is on target and relevant
- Collaborate with other team members to carry out our conferences and other programs in both a face-to-face-environment and virtual environments
- Coordinate with event logistics staff, contractors and hotel personnel to carry out live events
- Support the Program Director with managing NAEM on-site team to ensure all staff have clear roles and duties to support the events
- Keep informed of technological developments and content strategies for online and in-person executive learning programs
- Work with the NAEM Programs team and Executive Director to articulate the narrative of the event through all opening and closing remarks delivered at the event
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor’s or advanced degree. Preferred areas include but are not limited to sustainability management, environmental policy, nonprofit management, business administration or journalism
- Possess fluency in current events and corporate sustainability issues. Requires a strong desire to work on corporate sustainability issues and have demonstrated knowledge about corporate EHS and sustainability management, best-practices, and business challenges
- Have at least 2 years of relevant work experience such as researching, creating, implementing and/or evaluating professional development programs in order to develop high quality learning programs
- Be comfortable cultivating relationships with (and networks of) corporate managers, NGOs and policy makers to stay abreast of emerging EHS& Sustainable business issues
- Possess excellent writing, research and communication skills
- Be able to take individual initiative as well as work with a team to implement successful learning programs
- Travel 3-4 times a year (currently) domestically, by plane
- Be able to frequently lift and carry conference materials and boxes weighing 10-20 pounds across conference venues for various events
- Be able to reach above shoulder and head and stoop to set up conference space collateral. This can include kneeling under a table to obtain access to electrical outlets
- Be able to remain active and mobile for up to 10 hours a day while at conferences
Salary and Starting Benefits
- The salary range for this position depends on experience.
- Full health and dental insurance
- Employee retirement savings plan with matching funds available after one year
- 2 weeks (10 days) paid vacation per calendar year, accessible at the start of employment. For the first calendar year, the number of days available will be prorated accordingly.
- A flexible work environment
Please click "Apply" below to email resume, cover letter and any other pertinent samples of work to NAEM’s search leader, Samantha Leighton. No phone calls please.
More About NAEM:
NAEM, the National Association for Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) Management empowers corporate leaders to advance environmental stewardship, create safe and healthy workplaces, and promote global sustainability. As the largest professional community for EHS and sustainability decision-makers, we provide peer-led educational conferences and an active network for sharing solutions to today’s corporate and EHS and sustainability management challenges.
- Visit NAEM online.