When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
In the Climate Justice VISTA, the City of Cincinnati's Office of Environment and Sustainability seeks someone who is an intellectually curious and organized team player with passions for environmental justice, relationship building, and community engagement.
Could this be you?
The impacts of climate change are happening now and they are not being experienced equitably. The Green Cincinnati Plan (GCP) is Cincinnati’s community-led strategic plan for climate action leading to a more sustainable, equitable, and resilient city for all.
This Climate Justice, VISTA position will play a key role in implementing the fresh, new Plan. Revised every five years, the newest iteration of the GCP will be finalized in April 2023. In the GCP, goals, strategies, and priority actions are established through deep community engagement in categories as diverse as buildings and energy, natural environment, mobility, food, and waste. Upon approval, these action plans will be ready for implementation through the Office of Environment and Sustainability (OES) and a constellation of community organizations.
The overall focus of the OES VISTA Project is to increase the capacity of the City and community partners to get the 2023 GCP launched on the right foot so that residents and neighborhoods of Cincinnati can experience greater prosperity, health, and resilience.
- This particular role will help OES and partners to more effectively address the issue of energy poverty, to mobilize residents, and to attract resources to grow to even greater heights.
Based at Cincinnati’s City Hall, you will have 3 key functions as we work together to implement the GCP:
- First, you will work with partners to address energy poverty. We have pilot efforts underway and you will make them stronger and more scalable so that more of those in need experience lower utility costs.
- Second, you will help partners to mobilize and equip residents - especially those with lived experience of climate injustice - to improve their own lives and that of their communities. You will do this by talking with key stakeholders, designing compelling resources, and expanding partnerships.
- And, third, climate action is eligible for more federal resources than ever before yet OES’ grant writing efforts are young. You will work with OES and partners to draft content and reporting systems to ensure Cincinnati can easily submit, win, and manage federal and state grants.
- Please click "Apply" below to email a brief statement of interest and a resume.
- The position will be filled by end of May, so apply soon!