When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
SEI is a teams-based, non-profit based in the Bay Area, CA dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 25 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career.
Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers, and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. We are proud to provide a collaborative work environment filled with people who are driven to make a difference in our communities!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an Associate Program Manager to support SEI’s sustainability-focused workforce development programs in the San Francisco Bay Area. This Associate Program Manager will be responsible for growing and managing work in green workforce development, with an emphasis on project management. This role will work within the Climate Corps program, which advances sustainability solutions with organizations as we foster emerging leaders, and the Energize Careers program, which creates a diverse and representational sustainability workforce through industry-advised training of people who experience systemic barriers to high-road employment.
PROJECT COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the overall management of a project or projects within the Workforce Development programs.
- Partner outreach, recruiting, relationship development, project design and implementation, staff supervision and mentorship, evaluation, and reporting.
- Establish and expand SEI’s partner network through proactive outreach and relationship building.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate activities to ensure that goals or objectives of programs and projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
- Oversee the work and schedules of direct reports. Provide advice and direction. Conduct feedback and performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree in sustainability, environmentalism, green energy, or related field and 3+ years’ experience in strategy and project management, fundraising, grant writing and prospect research, and development efforts.
- Experience managing projects and components of larger programs with funding streams.
- Experience with networking, partnership development, public speaking, and group presentations.
- Strong verbal and written communication, analytical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Experience with and interest in various technologies as well as competency across the Google and Microsoft suites of software. Aptitude and willingness to quickly learn industry or project-specific software.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/partners, or independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to empathize with others.
- Experience and aptitude for rapport-building & working collaboratively with colleagues, partners, & clients.
- Genuine commitment to anti-racism and willingness to work in racial equity frameworks and experience in addressing racism and racial equity with team members and programmatically.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A starting wage of $73,000 annually
- To promote greater work-life balance and better personal wellbeing, work is conducted in your home office or an offsite location 3 days per week and our San Rafael office 2 days per week.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with employer match after one year
- Generous paid time off, including 2 weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays and sick time.
- Employer pays 100% of medical, dental, and vision healthcare insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- Additional mental health resources
- The ability to do what you do best; the opportunity to do work you are naturally gifted at and trained to do
- An equitable and inclusive workplace committed to concrete, substantial change, beyond platitudes
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our Careers Page for this open position HERE and fill out the application form! SEI requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with accommodations made for religious or medical purposes.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.