When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Community Rebuilds' mission is to build energy-efficient housing, provide education on sustainability, and improve the housing conditions of the workforce through an affordable program.
Join us to learn about energy efficient, sustainable building and affordable housing at in Moab, UT! This is an excellent opportunity to learn hands-on work experience while serving the Moab community. Term 1 will notable author in natural building, Dan Chiras, in a hands-on workshop learning about earthen lime plaster. ✨
- Free communal housing, monthly food stipends, access to bulk foods, and valuable build experience! No experience necessary.
- Visit us at www.communityrebuilds.org/builderbees to learn more and apply!
April 3 - May 19, 2023; May 29 - June 23, 2023
Builder BEES Workshare Activities:
- Learn about energy efficient, sustainable building and affordable housing at the Moab Area Community Land Trust! This program offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on work experience while serving the Moab community.
- Daily tasks will vary based on the build schedule, and some phases of our builds are currently completed by sub-contractors. Please contact our Program Facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or questions about anticipated tasks during your term. You will be helping low-income home owners fulfill their sweat equity hours on the Moab Area Community Land Trust. Depending on the stage of the build upon arrival, BEES will work on the following tasks: Installation of windows and doors (interior & exterior), preparation for exterior siding, tile work on windowsills and backsplashes, interior plasters, interior trim, countertops, landscaping and site work, punch list tasks.
- Depending on the builds’ timelines and budgets, BEES may also contribute to painting, exterior cladding (siding), cabinet installation, tiling, finish trims, vent duct work, radon mitigation, and solar.
- Builder BEES will complete 32 hours per week of service with Community Rebuilds over the course of their term. Hours totaling less than 32 in a given week will be expected to be made up by the end of the term.