When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, New York is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society. Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences at Le Moyne College invites applications for a tenure-track position to begin August 2024. We are seeking a broadly trained ecologist dedicated to undergraduate teaching excellence with a commitment to a strong research agenda at a comprehensive liberal arts institution. Teaching responsibilities may include courses in ecology, general biology, and additional topics within an area of specialty. Additional responsibilities include implementing a research program, advising biology majors, and college service. Mentoring undergraduate students in research is highly desirable and strongly encouraged. Le Moyne College offers strong support for undergraduate and faculty research through internal funding mechanisms.
Qualified candidates must possess a Ph.D. from an accredited university/college by the start date; postdoctoral experience is preferred. Candidates should also possess undergraduate teaching experience and evidence of an active research agenda.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits:
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- 12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
- Generous time off package
- $67,000 to $72,500
Candidates should submit these required materials for consideration:
- A cover letter addressing the requirements listed above
- A curriculum vitae
- Separate statements of research interests and teaching philosophy.
Please address your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in both your teaching and research statements.
Three confidential letters of recommendation should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Ecology”.
Note: Review of completed applications will begin on October 2, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.