When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Founded in 1969, Environmental Advocates NY (EANY) is the primary environmental government watchdog in Albany and leading voice for conservation, the environment and public health in New York State. EANY is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with a staff of fifteen.
Environmental Advocates NY seeks an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Director of Finance. This position provides support to the Executive Director and the Director of Finance.
Location: Environmental Advocates NY is based in Albany, New York with a few staff based out of New York City. This is an Albany-based position, and the successful applicant would be expected to primarily work out of the Albany office with an option for remote days.
We strongly encourage candidates from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) is a core value for Environmental Advocates NY. We invite applicants to read our statement on racial justice here to learn more about our JEDI commitments.
There are many designated responsibilities for this position, including but not limited to items below. Given the dynamic energy level of our office and the issues we advocate on, the successful candidate is expected to have an initiative-taking approach and assume additional responsibilities, as needed.
Executive Director Support
The Executive Director maintains a busy schedule that includes meeting with public officials, donors, members, partner organizations, and much more. Support includes:
- Maintaining Executive Director’s calendar and schedule meetings as requested.
- Making travel arrangements for Executive Director and for senior staff members as needed.
- Coordinating mail addressed to and from the Executive Director and assist with prioritizing responses or redirecting mail to appropriate staff.
Director of Finance Support
The Director of Finance oversees the organization’s budget, all technology, payment processing, and more. Support includes:
- Maintaining daily and monthly cash logs.
- Processing Accounts Payable and preparing checks, and other general accounting tasks as assigned.
- Collecting and processing receipts, etc. as needed
- Schedule all board and committee meetings each year
- Maintain board meeting minutes and resolution schedule
- Assist development staff in board giving
- Maintain all board related information and materials
General Office Administration
This position will be the first face and voice that visitors encounter, and an engaging personality is required.
- Answering phones and handling information requests to ensure callers are screened and transferred to the appropriate staff member. Responding to emails and forwarding as appropriate.
- Greeting and assisting office visitors and maintaining an organized and welcoming appearance in the office.
- Maintaining and circulating weekly staff calendar that summarizes staff availability and travel schedules.
- Maintaining staff directories and other internal documents.
- Sorting, date stamping and delivering all incoming mail.
- Stocking printers with paper and maintaining other necessary supplies.
- Scheduling general inter-office meetings and gatherings.
- Running occasional errands to post office, bank etc.
- Other Administrative duties as requested by the Executive Director and or Finance Director.
- Assist development team with donation entry and run reports as needed
- Assist with mailings and events as needed
- Donor research
Two years’ work experience in related position providing administrative support in a corporate, government or nonprofit organization office environment or Associates degree in business administration or accounting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Office 365)
- Ability to conduct basic analysis of written and numerical information.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, punctuality, and accuracy.
- Valid driver’s license.
Salary range is 50K-55K, commensurate with experience. Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits including a retirement savings with an employer contribution, and a vibrant, fast-paced work environment.
Please click "Apply" below to email resume, cover letter, writing sample and at least three references. Please use Administrative Assistant in subject line. No phone calls please.
Environmental Advocates NY is an equal opportunity employer.