When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Energized by an over 200-year history – our company is now simpler, stronger, leaner, nimbler – and solidly positioned for growth. Ecovyst is a pure-play catalyst and services company. As catalysts for positive change, our technologies play a critical role in supporting ecological health, and propelling expansion and growth for our customers. At Ecovyst, we are ready for change.
We position ourselves to be responsive and fast adapting to the rapidly changing economic environments, supporting our customers with solutions that grow and extend their business growth and sustainability goals. Our critical and tailored products enable us to be partners in creating novel solutions, improving customer production processes.
At Ecovyst, we are prioritizing and accelerating our growing and greening initiatives, and are putting sustainability for a safer, cleaner, healthier world at the forefront of our forward strategy.
Ecovyst is currently looking for a Paralegal, who will report to our Vice President of Environmental and Sustainability based out of our Malvern, PA headquarters office.
The Paralegal – Environment and Sustainability position is responsible for providing a wide range of support services to the Vice President, Environment and Sustainability (E&S), enabling the VP to focus on more advanced responsibilities. This position also assists the wider, field-based E&S Department in the organization and functioning of various different systems and tasks. The incumbent will perform projects and a variety of tasks as assigned by the VP, E&S that may include research of both company-specific and/or industry/peer data; the generation of various communications, ranging from e-mails to reports and presentations; as well as other activities related to organization and communication. This position is responsible for confidential, attorney-client privileged and time sensitive material, and may direct and lead the work of others.
The incumbent must have the ability to communicate effectively via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered on a timely basis. This individual must be an adept multi-tasker and must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a wide degree of latitude. Excellent computer-based skills are necessary and a degree of proficiency in learning and conducting statistical/simple math calculations.
- Track all HSES statistics monthly and maintain historical HSES data.
- Compile and parse departmental Weekly Highlights
- Create and distribute weekly Perfect Day Report
- Create and edit Board Meeting, QBR, EBITDA Meeting and other presentations.
- Assist with budget planning. Enter budget information into SAP.
- Create and track Purchase Order Requests
- Process invoices for payment
- Run periodic SAP Cost Center reports and review charges. Submit Journal Entry Requests for expenditures that need to be re-classed.
- Schedule and provide pertinent files for Monthly Incident Review Meetings
- Assist in preparation for RC & ISO audits.
- Format, post and maintain RC14001 HSES Policies and Procedures on intranet.
- Collect and enter ACC Responsible Care Metrics data (February and May)
- Submit ACC Responsible Care Awards application.
- Initiate periodic permit reviews.
- Participate in population of Acquisition/Divestiture Data Rooms
- Maintain departmental contact lists.
- Maintain Upward Reporting Contact List
- Tasks related to new/departing team members (hardware, email, network access, etc.)
- Review E&S Team expense reports and notify approver.
- Make travel arrangements for VP, E&S
- Create expense reports for VP, E&S
- Organize Team Meetings and act as a liaison with providers/venues.
- Conducts projects and research as assigned by VP, E&S
- Maintains departmental files.
Incumbent Experience and Skill Set:
- Experience: Several years of experience working at an Executive Level. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, OUTLOOK and Teams), and Adobe Acrobat X Pro is required. Working knowledge of SAP, CONCUR and basic document/photo editing software is desirable.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to conduct statistical/simple math calculations.
- Discretion in dealing with company confidential information.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail