When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead! Consider PSE for the next step in your career. ~
We’ve been meeting the Puget Sound region’s energy needs for more than 135 years. We proudly embrace our responsibility to provide you with safe, reliable, reasonably priced energy service. We are steadily expanding our supplies of renewable power. Already the nation's second-largest utility producer of wind power, we expect to triple our existing supply of renewable energy by 2020. While wind power is our predominant source of renewable energy, we also are exploring other cost-effective sources of renewable power including solar, geothermal and biomass energy.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
Puget Sound Energy’s Environmental & Program Services Department is looking for an Environmental Coordinator to join our team. This position provides an exciting opportunity to join PSE’s Environmental and Program Services Department (EPS). The EPS Department focuses on several key environmental areas for PSE including; remediation, spill response, waste management, generation compliance as well as operational compliance with Federal and State environmental requirements.
The Environmental Coordinator position is responsible for managing waste generated during the transmission and distribution of electricity and natural gas, as well as the normal operational non-hazardous and hazardous waste generated at PSE’s generation and support facilities. This includes duties associated with PSE’s PCB, Hazardous Waste, asbestos & lead, SPCC and remediation programs. This includes responsibility for sampling, storage and shipment of hazardous materials; assist in the operation of the Waste Management Facility; and operate equipment related to the operation of the Vactor truck facility.
- The duties are often performed in an outdoor environment in all conditions.
- Must be able to work alone or as a member of an emergency response team.
- The position involved driving, bending, moderate to heavy lifting, bending, reaching, kneeling, twisting, daggering, and operation of heavy equipment and machinery.
- The use of protective clothing (including respirators) and/or safety devices maybe required.
- Must possess a valid driver license.
- Must have or obtain within 180 days, A Forklift Operators Card and First Aid Card, certification in Hazardous Materials Operations and Emergency response (HAZWOPER) and DOT Hazardous Materials training.
- This position requires experience/knowledge of the requirements and regulations associated with PSE’s PCB, Hazardous Waste, Asbestos & Lead, SPCC and Remediation Programs.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and providing training in support of those programs.
- Must be readily available for call-outs to respond to emergencies.
- Experience in spill response activities and familiarity with Washington State Department of Ecology cleanup requirements (MTCA).
- Hands on Experience in collecting soil and water samples and familiarity with the Chain of Custody (COC) requirements relative to sample handling.
- Familiarity with PCB regulations and electrical equipment containing dielectric fluid (mineral oil).
- Experience managing waste and shipping documentation.
Compensation: At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Please click below. Reference Code: 32225_EX_01_P35425
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department here or 425-462-3017.
~ PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. ~