When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Since 1984, SCS Global Services has been a pioneer and leader in the field of sustainability standards and third-party certification, working across the economy in the natural resources, built environment, food and agriculture, consumer products and climate sectors.
Partnering with companies, government agencies, NGOs, and stakeholders, we are striving to advance sustainable development goals through independent assessment, the application of sound science, and innovative solutions. Through these services, we are enabling decision-makers and purchasers to make informed decisions, giving innovators a competitive edge, and helping to drive the development of leadership standards to create a framework for continuous improvement.
The position of Technical Specialist in Responsible Biofuels department involves working directly with ISCC, RSB, Bonsucro programs, and other programs on an as needed basis. The primary responsibilities of the Technical Specialist include: Performing onsite audits with clients, managing administrative tasks related to communications with clients; audit project coordination; review of audit reports and corrective action plans; and other audit-related documents.
The Technical Specialist is also responsible for documentation and some of its review of all the above-mentioned activities on an ongoing basis in the SCS database and support in document and procedure development. This position reports to the Technical Manager – ISCC PLUS .
- Other programs as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform onsite and remote audits of clients
- Prepare audit reports in accordance with program requirements
- Travel up to 50% of the time as required
Audit Coordination & Planning
- Ensure consistent flow of audit projects
- Prepare audit plans and related audit documents and forms
- Track and manage audit project milestones and deadlines
- Perform certification review and decision for ISCC programs and potentially others
- Manage auditor schedules, workloads, and travel budgets
- Review expense reports for Sustainability staff and Regional Auditors
- Conduct quality and technical review of audit reports completed by staff auditors and regionally based auditors
- Conduct post-audit review of non-conformity closure evidence
- Apply professional judgement on the quality of audit reports
- Ensure program compliance with SCS quality system
- Maintain new, existing, and archived program files in accordance with program requirements
- Support Specialists and Managers to develop program guidance updates, audit reports, and letters as needed
- Support Specialists and Managers to develop training programs and related materials for Affiliates
- Support organizations and clients when facing technical issues
- Additional tasks as requested by the Director and Manager
- Manage daily email and telephone/Skype/Microsoft Teams communications with:
- SCS program personnel and contractors
- Scheme Owners
- Clients and accreditation organizations
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. chemistry, biology, environmental science, or related), or a minimum two years of experience working in a related sector
- Excellent technical writing, observation and data management skills required
- Strong communication abilities and demonstrated abilities in critical analysis preferred
- Ability to complete time-sensitive projects and to provide realistic deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail required
- Initiative and ability to work independently, responsive and adaptive to team environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered, unless precluded by local and national jurisdiction. Pursuant to local and national law-proof of vaccination required. Medical and religious accommodations will also be considered.
Education and Experience:
- Scope-specific work or study experience, and/or applied experience in manufacturing, agricultural or food production systems
- 1+ years’ experience in project management or administration
- Excellent technical writing, observation and data management skills required; strong communication abilities and demonstrated abilities in critical analysis preferred
- Strong time-management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and meet deadline
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Outlook, and database management systems preferred
- Experience with third party auditing, certification systems, or other applicable industry standards and/or knowledge
- This job requires travel (predominately US & Canada) ~ 60% of the time
- This is an office-based job ~ 40% of the time
- Sit 6+ hours per day. Keyboarding 6+ hours per day
- Must be able to speak and listen to employees and vendors in person and via online video conference call applications
Note: The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Work Environment and Requirements
Office work both onsite (facility walk-throughs) at clients and remotely (home office)
- SCS, Working Remotely:
At this time, SCS Global Services is recruiting all open roles to be remote; allowing our employees the ability to work flexibly and allowing SCS as a company to diversify the experience and perspectives of our growing workforce.
As part of our remote work, we want to ensure that our employees have what they need to work from home. We provide our new employees with a computer and can offer assistance in acquiring ergonomic necessities.
- $50k to $70k Annually
SCS Global Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SCS Global Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.