When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At The Westervelt Company, we are stewards of the land. We believe in sustainable management, conservation and protection of our natural resources.
We are committed to our core values of ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees, providing the highest quality products and services for our customers, and developing long-lasting relationships in the communities where we live and work.
We are searching for an experienced Sustainability & Policy Analyst at our Headquarters facility. The purpose of this position is to support Westervelt's sustainability and government relations efforts by working with internal and external stakeholders to help develop and implement our strategy. The position will work with all business units and functional groups to implement sustainability initiatives such as carbon and GHG accounting, sustainability reporting, environmental policy awareness and analysis, and helping develop new markets for sustainability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with developing and implementing corporate sustainability strategy and objectives
- Greenhouse gas accounting
- Sustainability reporting
- Assist with novel business opportunity development around sustainability
- Assist with ESG framework monitoring and implementation
- Help monitor environmental policy issues that affect our business
- Represent Westervelt in various external organizations
- Assist with internal communications on sustainability and policy
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on sustainability and/or natural resources
- 1 to 2 years experience
- Microsoft Office Suite - Intermediate level
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Safety and Sustainability Champion
- Ability to influence people
- Desire to network and continuously learn and improve
- Ability to read and distill complex topics and determine value for Westervelt
- Knowledge and passion for natural resource conservation and a sustainable future
- Sustainability analysis and reporting, to include carbon accounting, ESG standards/frameworks, biodiversity, and social impacts of natural resources based businesses.
- Knowledge of environmental policy and business inersections.
- Prior relevant experience in forest management/manufacturing wildlife management, natural resources policy, or carbon accounting.
- The base salary range for this position is $53,500 - $80,300.
- Actual base salary is based on the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.