When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
The Sustainability Manager will be responsible for managing and implementing the company's sustainability strategy with a focus on Scope 3 emissions. The role will involve identifying and assessing sustainability risks and opportunities, developing and implementing programs to reduce the company's environmental impact, and communicating progress to stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a sustainability strategy with a focus on Scope 3 emissions, in alignment with the company's goals and values
- Identify, assess and prioritize sustainability risks and opportunities throughout the company's value chain
- Develop and implement sustainable procurement policies and procedures, including supplier selection criteria, performance evaluation, and sustainability reporting
- Ability to develop a business case and case for changes
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the company's procurement practices align with industry best practices and regulations
- Develop and implement programs to reduce the company's environmental impact, including energy efficiency, renewable energy, and waste reduction
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the company's sustainability initiatives align with industry best practices and regulations
- Communicate progress and results to internal and external stakeholders, including the company's leadership team, employees, customers, and investors
- Identify and evaluate new sustainability technologies and trends to ensure the company stays at the forefront of sustainable business practices
- Educate third party vendors on sustainability awareness and drive commitment toward emission reduction
- Collaborate with mainly direct and some indirect sourcing managers on category strategies and implementation plans related to Scope 3 reduction
- Bachelor's degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in sustainability management, with a focus on Scope 3 emissions
- Strong understanding of sustainability principles, including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues
- Strong understanding of sustainable procurement principles, including environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry or a related field is a plus
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding of sustainability principles and best practices
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Salary Range: $103,700.00 - $143,700.00 annually
BeiGene is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Actual compensation packages are determined by several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, certifications, relevant education or training, and specific work location. Packages may vary by location due to differences in the cost of labor. The recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for a preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the listed range reflects the base salary or hourly range only. Non-Commercial roles are eligible to participate in the annual bonus plan, and Commercial roles are eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan. All Company employees have the opportunity to own shares of BeiGene Ltd. stock because all employees are eligible for discretionary equity awards and to voluntarily participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan. The Company has a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.