When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Governance & Accountability Institute, Inc. (G&A) is an ESG and sustainability consulting firm, founded in 2006 and based in New York, helping clients become leaders in corporate sustainability and corporate responsibility.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Sustainability Consulting unit of G&A Institute is seeking Sustainability Analysts to join our fast-growing team that provides advisory services for corporate clients across all industries. The available positions are full-time and fully remote. While our offices are headquartered in New York, NY, we are proud to enable our employees to work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
Our Sustainability Analysts perform a critical role in client engagements by contributing to the development of sustainability reports (using GRI, SASB, TCFD, and IIRC frameworks), materiality assessments, policies, ESG scoring and rankings, responding to annual surveys (such as CDP, CSA, and EcoVadis), and providing general sustainability consultancy.
Sustainability Analysts report to a Senior Sustainability Analyst who oversees their work and supports their professional development. A typical day includes work on projects for multiple clients using skills such as researching peers, referencing ESG reporting standards, writing briefs summarizing research findings, reviewing/compiling client data to incorporate into public disclosures, and much more.
Successful candidates will have experience in both quantitative and qualitative analysis and will exhibit a passion for corporate sustainability while bringing a collaborative work ethic, a track record of project management, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to solve problems while working with high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates should have a strong working knowledge and familiarity with corporate sustainability and investor ESG topics & issues including:
- General knowledge of sustainability topics, metrics, and data points
- General knowledge of corporate reporting and disclosure
- General knowledge of capital markets
- General knowledge of business, corporate strategy-setting and implementation of strategies
Successful candidates will likely also have familiarity with:
- Sustainability reporting and disclosure frameworks especially GRI, SASB, and TCFD, but also others such as IIRC and SDGs
- ESG raters and rankers such as MSCI, Sustainalytics, Refinitiv, ISS, Bloomberg, etc.
- ESG surveys that companies respond to such as CDP, S&P CSA, EcoVadis, GRESB, and others
- Self-motivated – passion for the work you will be doing
- Self-directed – able to take initiative and effectively work remote
- Strong communication and client presentation skills (business writing, speaking, and slide deck presentations)
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with G&A team members
- Ability to interact with clients and partner organizations
- Strong online research and analysis skills including databases and corporate reporting
- Ability to synthesize research and data into summaries and recommendations
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel), Google Drive and Adobe Acrobat
- Technologically savvy
- Knowledge and interest in ESG and sustainability with an eagerness to learn
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business or sustainability-related field) with at least 2 years of client facing and/or project management work experience
- 1 year of experience in sustainability-related field
- Location: Remote, based in U.S.
- Travel: Travel is not required for this position
- Schedule: Full time, 9am-5pm EST
WHAT WE OFFER
At G&A Institute, we care about all our employees and their wellbeing. G&A Institute is not just an employer, we are a family. By joining our team, you will be treated with fairness, respect and empathy. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for our planet, working alongside a high-performing and passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge and skills, as well as developing your career in a fun, dynamic, and fast-growing organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
- We offer countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you meet the above requirements please click "Apply" below to email your resume and the background materials listed here:
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this role
- Samples of writing or research on sustainability or other topics are a plus
- References will be requested from successful applicants
Note: Please make sure to list the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. the company does not sponsor employment visas. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered.
We treat all applications and related information as confidential and private communications. We regret that it's not possible to acknowledge receipt of every resume due to the high volume of responses that usually result from online postings. Eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews.