When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, Virent is working to commercialize its BioForming® technology to create the fuels and chemicals the world demands from a wide range of naturally occurring, renewable resources.
Using patented catalytic chemistry, Virent converts bio-based sugar feedstocks into products molecularly identical to those made from petroleum. Virent’s technology can produce a range of fuel products including gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel, as well as chemicals used for plastics, fibers and films. Virent is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum Corporation and has key strategic relationships in place with Johnson Matthey, INEOS Aromatics, Toray Industries and others to accelerate the commercialization of its technology.
Virent has received numerous honors, including the World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer award, the ICIS Innovation Award, the Wisconsin Companies to Watch Award, the Red Herring Top 100 North America Award and the EPA’s Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award.
An exciting career awaits you!
At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
Virent, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC), is seeking a team-oriented individual to fill our Sr. Business Development Representative position in our Madison, WI advanced biofuels facility.
- Coordinates the Business Development activities of Virent including commercial aspects of the Virent first plant project; developing BioForming licensing opportunities; developing new Virent business opportunities (i.e. chemicals, other sugars sources); developing outlets for demo plant products; representing Virent with industry organizations and at industry conferences.
- Complements and supports business development team of company parent. And maintains and develops current Virent strategic relationships.
- Represents the Company at industry conferences to further develop licensing opportunities in conjunction with partners.
- Supports due diligence, marketing and data development for new business opportunities and negotiates agreements and terms and conditions for business interactions.
- Stays knowledgeable concerning the areas of interest of Virent in renewable chemicals, renewable fuels, feedstocks and new business opportunities. Develops competitor knowledge to support Company strategy and positioning and maintains market intelligence and awareness of governmental affairs and liaison with relevant trade and industry associations.
- Develop working relationships with Virent R&D, operations, business analysis and senior leadership to support evaluating company and technology positioning inclusive of new growth areas.
- Applies strong leadership skills to organize cross-functional teams for project development.
- Identifies new growth opportunities for the company and forms strategic partnerships to advance the company.
- Minimum BS in Business, Science, Engineering or other related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience
Note: As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.