When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
- OUR PURPOSE - On our planet where electricity is central to fighting climate change, we have a responsibility to produce it sustainably for future generations.
- OUR MISSION - At Boralex, we provide renewable and affordable energy for all, creating value to share with our partners.
- OUR VISION -To achieve our missions, we rely on the best of our strengths.
Reporting to and collaborating with the Solar Lead Technician, the candidate will support the work on one solar PV power plants in California maintaining, testing, and troubleshooting AC and DC circuits ranging from medium voltage (345kV and below) to 12VDC. The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Maintained station service electrical equipment such as motors, and motor controls, electrical switchgear, transformers, inverters, solar PV panels, panel tracking mechanisms, electrical protective devices, main and auxiliary generators, lighting, power supplies, HVAC systems, security and battery support systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and overhauling the equipment as well as preventative and predictive maintenance activities.
- Review manuals and schematic diagrams to determine the tasks, tools, equipment and parts needed and will coordinate Plan of Days, help troubleshoot complicated issues, and oversee the day to day operations of the technicians.
- Complete reports and records associated with maintenance and repairs.
- Complete Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO), JSA’s, Permit to Work and job specific documentation that is required to conduct maintenance and repairs in a safe manner.
- Responsible for facilitating training requirements such as tasked based certifications, safety training, and compliance training.
- Effectively gather information regarding plant performance/issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues.
- Demonstrate and promote integrity, strong initiative, and a no-compromise focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Comply with all HSEQ policies and procedures (ISO9001/ISO14001/ISO18001).
- Ensure all materials used in maintenance is removed from SAP inventory.
- At times may assist with BOP activities.
- College degree or a related field or experience in the energy industry is very desirable.
- 1 year relevant utility scale solar O&M experience.
- IR Certificate Level 1 a plus.
- Ultrasound qualifications a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Maximo, SQL Server software, facility management and reporting systems, and computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
- Travel up to 10% of time.
AT BORALEX WE OFFER
Our strength lies in our team’s synergy and diversity. Through autonomy, trial and error and our collaborators’ empowerment, our teams embody a culture of sustainable performance. Our human relationships are based on transparency, inclusion and caring. That work environment enables us to enjoy working together every day. Each and every day, we make sure everyone can grow and contribute to Boralex’s mission.
- Contribute to the growth of a company that’s actively involved in energy transition.
- Add your talent to an agile work team.
- Expand your knowledge through continuous learning.
- Keep fit with a membership allowance at a sports centre of your choice.Spend more time with your family thanks to a flexible and independent schedule.
- Plan your life beyond your career thanks to a pension plan to which Boralex contributes.