When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Who We Are
PanelClaw is the #1 flat roof racking provider in North America. Our racking has been deployed on over 11,000 projects (2.0GW+) in 35 countries around the world. We recognize the importance of developing products that do it better, smarter, and with a sense of urgency . With over ten years’ experience focusing exclusively on flat roof systems, we continue to transform the way flat roof PV is installed, helping our partners to accelerate the adoption of solar in the process.
Under Esdec Solar Group's corporate umbrella, along with IronRidge and EcoFasten, we are part of the largest rooftop solar mounting and racking hardware group in the U.S. This impressive portfolio of companies represents the perfect union of creativity and entrepreneurial vision.
The Solar Designer’s primary role is to design solar PV mounting system layouts and to prepare project drawings and other customer-facing technical documents used during permitting and installation. This individual will discuss issues and strategies with other team members and departments as required to ensure the best customer experience possible. You will also be responsible for providing customer support through communication with customers, building officials, and internal departments, such as sales and engineering. Speed and accuracy in high pressure situations are critical. PanelClaw commits to quick turnaround times and error-free deliverables to our customers. A tenacious personality is a “must have” to meet the daily aggressive deadlines for project drawings.
What You'll Do
- Generate client-ready technical solar array drawings for commercial flat roofs.
- Generate a variety of technical project documents, including wind loading and force analyses.
- Maintain technical library of product geometry.
- Provide customer support throughout the entire permitting and installation process.
- Interact directly with customers and sales regarding all technical needs related to PanelClaw's products.
- Identify and troubleshoot any problems that may arise in the field.
- Maintain expert technical knowledge of all PanelClaw products and competitor products.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring
- 2-year degree in a technical or related field; or 3 years direct experience; BA/BS in a technical field a plus
- Experience in preparing and presenting client-ready technical documents
- Experience with construction drawings1-2 Soft Skills
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD
- Expert knowledge in Excel preferred
- Fluent in math and geometry
- Commitment to the mission of Esdec Solar Group
Where You'll Be Located
This position is remote, in the United States, with required weekly visits to the PanelClaw headquarters in North Andover, MA.
What We'll Offer
We offer competitive compensation determined by each individual's relevant experience, skills, education and location. We anticipate the base salary for this position to be between $55,000 and $65,000 annually, if located in Boston market. In addition to base salary, Esdec Solar Group employees are eligible for either an annual bonus or commission, depending on their position. If your desired salary falls outside of these rates, we hope you'll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.
In addition to a competitive benefit package, we offer team members perks such as paid time off (PTO), a long term incentive plan, 401(k) match, development opportunities, educational assistance, 12 observed company holidays, paid parental leave, and a collaborative, inclusive culture just to name a few!
Who We Hire
Esdec Solar Group is a global organization and places high value on creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, providing equal opportunity for all applicants and staff. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at TalentTeam@us.esdecsolargroup.com or by phone at 510-278-9353. Esdec will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
We encourage authenticity and invite you to join us each day just as you are.