When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Farm Sanctuary fights the disastrous effects of animal agriculture on animals, the environment, social justice, and public health through rescue, education, and advocacy. ~
Farm Sanctuary’s Social Justice & Our Food System Community Learning Program is designed to support critical thinking about the ideas and history underlying the dysfunction of our modern food system and society. The intention is to inspire action to counteract that harm and to create a more just and compassionate food system and world. It focuses on veganism, social injustice, and the treatment of farmed animals with the goal of fostering change that consistently counters oppression and challenges the systems that perpetuate harm against nonhuman animals, humans, and the planet.
This internship provides a unique opportunity to contribute to a dynamic team working to bring about meaningful social change and to gain skills and experience at a farmed animal sanctuary in service of promoting greater justice and compassion for all.
- Provide support developing and coordinating a 10-week long virtual community learning program titled Social & Our Food System that will begin March 15, 2021
- Program and educational resource development projects
- Assist in compiling pre- and post-program data and reports
- Provide support for various education department tasks and projects, as needed
- Various clerical and program research projects
- The internship is completely remote and volunteers must have their own access to a computer to complete internship activities
- Volunteer must be available to commit 20 - 40 hours per week to internship activities for the duration of the internship
- Volunteer may be asked to be available to participate in internship activities on weekends
- Committed to veganism, social justice, equity, anti-racism, countering oppression, and Farm Sanctuary’s goals and mission
- Knowledgeable about social justice, farmed animal issues, and veganism
- A background in education or curriculum and program development is preferred, but not required
- Skillful with communication and outreach
- Strong writing skills
- Skillful with being organized and attending to detail
- Strong computer and internet research skills
- Diligent and dependable
- Able to work well independently
- Opportunity to learn about non-profit education and outreach
- Opportunity to learn about Farm Sanctuary’s campaigns and programs
- Opportunity to learn more about social justice, equity, anti-racism, and countering oppression
- Opportunity to improve communication, writing, research, and program development skills
- Opportunity to engage with a community committed to veganism and greater justice and compassion for all
- Opportunity to virtually participate in weekly educational presentations offered to all Farm Sanctuary interns
- Gain valuable experience to support interest in future non-profit work, especially within vegan, social justice, animal advocacy, and sanctuary organizations
- Further the goals and mission of Farm Sanctuary to promote just and compassionate vegan living
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.