When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
WHY 2020 ENGINEERING?
Become involved in the development and implementation of civil engineering designs that utilize the best of today’s conventional engineering practices along with new, emerging, and alternative technologies. Take pride in simple and creative ideas to provide environmentally friendly, economical, and aesthetically pleasing solutions to complex design challenges. 2020 applies a hands-on and thoughtful approach to every project, working closely with the project team to meet project goals.
We pride ourselves in team collaboration, working with integrity, and creating unique solutions. Every employee is responsible for making a difference in the built community. Since 1995, 2020 has been involved with hundreds of low impact and sustainable projects including Net Zero, Living Building Challenge (LBC), and LEED. 2020 also provides engineering services to a new start up, HeartFoods Group, which is a net zero food system that upcycles food waste to grow organic greens, berries, and vegetables.
At 2020 you will:
- Work alongside a recognized green building industry pioneer with over 30 years’ experience.
- Work with leading green building architects and developers on a variety of unique projects
- Gain broad land development experience including residential, commercial, recreational, educational, healthcare, and municipal
- Be an innovator in the application of water reuse, rainwater harvesting, composting, material recycling, and other deep green design methods
- Enjoy dockside office amenities with views overlooking Bellingham Bay, Waypoint Park and Downtown Bellingham. Work on our Wi-Fi enabled waterside dock in nice weather.
Senior Project Engineer / Project Manager
Qualifications and Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
- PE registration required
- 6+ years professional civil engineering experience preferred
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience required
- Experience and/or interest in designing water, wastewater, water reuse, LID stormwater, roadways, and other civil-related infrastructure and utilities.
- Experience and/or interest with green building designs on sustainable projects that meet LEED, Built Green, Living Building Challenge, and Net Zero criteria.
- Interest in or experience with urban agriculture and/or other sustainable food systems is a plus.
In this role, we will count on you to:
- Work with clients to provide consistent excellence in communication and task results
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses
- Provide detailed engineering reports and supporting documents
- Create construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates
- Provide general civil engineering design
- Oversee active project task time and expense budgets using in house software
- Assist with new project proposals for clients, by task and budget
Competitive salary and bonus program
- Flexible hours, dog friendly office
- Hybrid onsite/remote work schedule options
- Medical, dental and vision care insurance with Health Savings Account
- Paid time off (PTO)– vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Ownership, profit sharing compensation, and retirement plan options