When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Quantis is a leading sustainability consultancy pioneering approaches to solve critical environmental challenges. For nearly two decades, our dynamic and visionary team has partnered with organizations across the globe to transform their industries and pave the way for a planetary economy that aligns business with nature. We strive to be agents of change, helping companies transform from business as usual to business at its best.
We believe that sustainable transformation is possible and within our power. We’re contributing to this transformation by combining the latest science with strategic business insights. Our advice enables global leaders in the consumer goods and finance industries to understand how to reduce their environmental impacts, implement change successfully, and operate within planetary boundaries.
Motivated by this common purpose, our 250+ talented professionals cultivate a unique, collaborative culture that we call the Quantis Spirit. We are innovative. We are impact-oriented. We are science-based. We are Quantis.
The Senior Nature Consultant will be part of the Quantis Biodiversity and Nature Community and will support the other members of the community and beyond with their expertise. Quantis’ communities are groups of people who share knowledge, innovate, solve problems, and develop a collective and strategic voice to reach their full potential.
This Senior Consultant role is to deliver on nature-related client projects and to support the Biodiversity and Nature Community in developing materials and managing knowledge to maximize the quality and impact of our nature-related services (biodiversity, water, climate, plastic pollution, land…) to transform our clients and help solve global environmental challenges.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering environmental assessments and contribute to strategy development and implementation (target-setting, roadmaps, action plans) as part of client projects
- Serving as the reference point for the Quantis team in your specific area of expertise
- Guiding & upskilling other consultants in projects and through trainings
- Ensuring the quality in the delivery of your expertise in projects or in proposals through technical & quality control but also in scoping work to deliver
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You are motivated to put your expertise to work towards our mission to align consumer goods companies with planetary boundaries.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience within a corporate, consulting, academic or not-for-profit organization related to nature assessments, strategy development and project implementation.
- You have a master’s and/or PhD degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or other related field of education.
- You are at ease with data management and analytics, already performing or willing to learn to conduct materiality, footprint, and risk assessments across a broad range of environmental topics, namely biodiversity, climate, water, land, and plastic pollution.
- You are a subject matter expert on marine ecology and conservation, motivated by building this field of expertise and training others at Quantis.
- You have been exposed to collaborative project/program development and implementation in the conservation field (landscape level investments and interventions with broad positive climate, water, land and biodiversity outcomes).
- You communicate effectively in fluent English. French, Italian or German would be an additional asset.
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach and train others with your knowledge and skills, and to provide technical support to internal and client teams.
- You are motivated by teamwork and supporting a team.
- You are passionate about solving environmental challenges and are willing to work and learn on a variety of topics (biodiversity, water, climate, plastic pollution, land etc.).
- You have a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences.
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based strategy.
As a Senior Nature Consultant, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Client project delivery: including running environmental assessments, interpreting results, preparing, and delivering client presentations, participating in client meetings and workshops, coordinating with the project team, coaching other team members etc.
- Contribution to building new expertise in marine conservation: market research, business case development, creation of knowledge materials and templates, training delivery, innovation to advance nature-related services to respond to market signals and lead the way etc.
- Contribution to business development: participation in scoping conversations with Quantis teams and clients, support in preparing and reviewing proposals etc.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Fully remote in the US with occasional travel (30% or less) to our Boston HQ and to client sites.
- Job type: Full-time
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Regular collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Zurich, Boston, Paris, Berlin and Milan) via web-conferences
Quantis has a distinctive, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating that provides a positive and unique working environment. Salary will be determined based on potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
At Quantis we believe that equality, diversity and inclusiveness are central to our mission of building a sustainable future. Quantis is an equal opportunity employer that embraces people from diverse backgrounds including race, color, nationality, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, religion, creed, politics, or any other non-merit factor. It is our daily commitment to ensure that each Quantisian works in an environment where they belong and where they can thrive.
To learn about the Quantis Spirit and what makes us exceptional, check out our “Braver New World” video.