When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Brightworks Sustainability is seeking a Senior Energy Analyst to join our team of climate responsive design experts in providing a vast range of services and sustainability problem solving across the U.S. and the world.
The Senior Energy Analyst will engage with design teams and facility operations teams. They will execute studies to inform decision making that aligns with clients’ energy efficiency and carbon reduction goals.
If you are passionate about conducting energy studies and modeling to support efforts such as decarbonization, Living Building Challenge and LEED certification, and corporate sustainability (ESG) initiatives, this role may be for you.
- Develop recommendations to optimize building systems, envelope, passive strategies, and controls on new and existing buildings.
- Conduct building energy analyses using modeling software and/or custom calculations within a range of scales and building types including district systems, industrial, multifamily residential, office, and healthcare.
- Provide mentorship and training to junior energy analysts.
- Generate energy model, and documentation required for code compliance, energy efficiency incentive programs, and green building certifications.
- Present to and engage with clients and project teams to clearly communicate complex energy findings in an easily digestible format.
- Document and communicate discussions and resolutions with project team members to align deliverables to the project scope.
- Develop and problem-solve for compliance with energy code permit applications.
- Provide QA/QC for project deliverables.
- Support development of energy related proposals.
- Act as a thought leader in energy efficiency, net zero carbon and climate responsive design and share/present knowledge.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with complex, technical topics.
- Experience presenting technical/analytical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Deep expertise in energy modeling using software such as eQUEST, EnergyPlus, Energy Pro, and/or IES-VE. Preferably a trained engineer or experienced architect who has moved to simulation for energy efficiency simulation for building design related to most efficient use of materials, HVAC systems.
- Basic proficiency of Revit, along with early energy modeling programs such as Green Building Studio, is preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in building science / energy analysis / engineering.
- Strong understanding of mechanical systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and advanced degree or specialized training in engineering or architecture. Preference for mechanical engineering, building science, or energy engineering degrees.
- Experience with energy efficiency incentive programs or state mandates is desirable.
- Commissioning and retro-commissioning/energy auditing experience is a plus.
Location and Compensation
- The preferred location for this position is Brightworks’ headquarters office in Portland, Oregon.
- Other Brightworks office locations may be considered.
The salary range for this position in Portland, OR is $76,392 - $106,948 per year. Starting pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, external market value, internal pay equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. Starting salary offers will typically be made in the bottom half of the listed range. In compliance with Equal Pay for Equal Work Acts, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Total Rewards / Generous employee benefits that include:
- Flexible schedules
- Life and short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- A funded professional development budget
- 401(k) plan with many sustainable & socially equitable fund options
- Company 401(k) match
- Sustainable commuting subsidy
- Employee Fitness Benefit
About Brightworks Sustainability
One of the first sustainability consulting firms in the United States, Brightworks Sustainability has enjoyed a position of leadership and innovation in sustainability since its founding in 2001. We help our clients establish and implement operational sustainability programs that reduce their environmental footprints, advance their sustainability journeys, and increase their operational performance.
Brightworks’ creative and multi-disciplinary staff offer expertise in the following areas:
- Sustainable and Healthy Buildings
- Sustainable and Healthy Materials
- Energy Analysis and Optimization
- Building Performance, Operations, and Maintenance
- Corporate Sustainability and ESG Programs
Leaders in their industries, our major clients include Apple, Bank of America, Brookfield, Facebook, The Green Cities Company (Formerly Gerding Edlen), GUCCI, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Nike, Salesforce, Uber, and UCLA, among others.
Your Experience As A Member of Brightworks’ Team
Our team members routinely cite the following aspects of their experience at Brightworks as most valuable to them:
- Making a difference
- High degree of flexibility
- Learning and growth
- Amazing colleagues
- Great clients and projects
- Recognition for performance
- Competitive compensation
You will be treated as an important strategic contributor, and you will be expected to make important contributions to the business while growing professionally, intellectually, personally, socially, and financially.
A certified B Corp since 2010, Brightworks Sustainability is committed to benefiting society while serving its customers. From 2012-2017, Brightworks received B Corp’s “Best for the Environment” honor. From 2018 to the present, Brightworks has received B Corp’s “Best for Workers” honor.
We are committed to an inclusive workforce that fully represents many different cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. This is demonstrated by the representation of women in leadership roles, as well as a workforce that is strengthened by the significant contributions of our many employees from a variety of backgrounds, including our Latinx, LGBTQI+ and AAPI communities. We remain dedicated to enhancing our Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Belonging (IDEB) strategy that fosters connections and creates a welcoming environment for all.
We invite and encourage ALL diverse candidates to apply to join our team.