When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
In 1969, a former Tuskegee Airman and three U.S. Department of Defense analysts founded the Inner City Fund to finance minority-owned businesses in Washington, D.C. Since then, we’ve conducted the world’s largest global health survey, helped launch Energy Star, and supported America’s largest housing recovery effort. Just to name a few.
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
We are looking for a Senior Climate Change and Sustainability Specialist that will provide leadership for a growing practice around US federal, state and local and corporate greenhouse gas accounting, decarbonization, climate action and energy planning and sustainability. The ideal candidate will also have a strong technical background, expertise and experience, such that they can both jump into projects right away and take advantage of opportunities to grow into management and leadership roles. Location for role is flexible within the United States only.
You are going to work on multiple projects, interact with all levels of staff, and interact with clients. At ICF you have an opportunity to apply your knowledge, learn on the job, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while also building content knowledge and consulting management skills.
- Perform quantitative problem-solving, perform data collection and analysis, and manage large datasets.
- Write reports for technical and general audiences.
- Prepare presentations, reports, memoranda, and other communication materials.
- Translate technical topics into terms that are meaningful to more general audiences.
- Oversee and lead tasks, ensuring completion on time and within budget to client’s satisfaction.
- Interact with clients.
- Work with small teams to prepare high-quality products, pitching in wherever necessary and providing guidance and leadership.
- Complete tasks in fast-paced and self-motivated environment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Serve as a task lead or small project lead with growing opportunities for project and program management positions.
- Develop and execute work plans, direct teams of support staff, and perform quality assurance for work products.
- Contribute to proposals and business development activities for approximately 15% of your time, working closely with senior leadership and leveraging mid-level and junior staff for proposal support.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Environmental Management, Engineering, Economics, Chemistry, Public Policy or related subjects.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in climate change and sustainability.
- 1+ years of experience with carbon accounting and inventorying, climate change mitigation, materials management and/or sustainability.
- Professional certifications in green buildings and/or sustainability (e.g., LEED AP, LEED GA, SASB Level 1, GRI Certified Sustainability Professional).
- Technical and team task or project management experience.
- Experience in a consulting environment.
- Staff development and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams, and understand staff resources, schedules, and budgets.
- Experience building and managing client relationships.
- Experience working with and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Organized, detail oriented, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
- $68,325.00 - $116,152.00
Working at ICF
At IFC, we can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.