When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Duke Energy makes life better for millions of people every day by providing electric and gas services in a sustainable way - affordable, reliable and clean.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Renewables Structuring Analyst provides analytical support to all lines of business (wind, solar, and storage) within Commercial Renewables. Analytical support will include financial analysis, economic valuation of projects, and financial structuring, to support greenfield development, M&A transactions, and management of existing assets.
- Location: Hybrid – Work will be performed from both remote and onsite locations after the onboarding period. However, hybrid employees should live within a reasonable commute to the designated Duke Energy facility.
- Travel Requirements: 5-15%
- Provide greenfield development analytical support through collaboration with development lead, engineering, operations, power marketing, risk, project finance and other groups to advance project development, PPA contracting and support internal project approval process.
- Responsible for maintaining project financial models and providing PPA pricing to respond to customer requests for proposals and providing actionable feedback to development and engineering to optimize project design.
- Provide M&A analytical support through financial, technical, and contracts due diligence and project valuation and financial structuring, to evaluate potential project acquisitions, submit purchase offers, negotiate purchase agreements and close on acquisitions.
- Provide analytical support to evaluate enhancements to existing assets such as project expansions, augmentations, re-powerings and other opportunities to realize growth objectives.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to strategy, market development and policy initiatives for the commercial renewables group.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Engineering, Business or other related degree
- In addition to required degree, minimum one (1) year related work experience
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics
- In addition to desired degree, 5 plus years related work experience
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Financial Analyst
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a team-based environment
- Tax equity and non-recourse debt financing modeling experience
- Partnership accounting modeling experience.
- Understanding of utility scale solar, wind and storage technology and business models
- Energy industry trading and marketing experience
- Understanding of renewable energy policy landscape