When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At Enbridge, our goal is to be the first-choice energy delivery company in North America and beyond—for customers, communities, investors, regulators and policymakers, and employees.
As a diversified energy company, we are uniquely positioned to help accelerate the global transition to a cleaner energy future, and we’re doing it in ways that are ethical, sustainable and socially responsible. We’re advancing new low-carbon energy technologies—including hydrogen, renewable natural gas, and carbon capture and storage. We’re committed to reducing the carbon footprint of the energy we deliver, and to achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
Enbridge is looking for a Sr Specialist Project Manager who will manage Wind Power projects, through the project life cycle, using best in class project management standards and practices. This role will be responsible for delivering safe and successful wind projects, that meet the business’ needs and priorities. This will involve acquiring and leading multidisciplinary teams of contractors and consultants, and leading large functional project teams to meet market competitive project timelines and objectives, while ensuring projects are within approved project budgets, schedules and scope. Does this sound exciting? Read on! #topemployer
We offer opportunities for growth, a competitive benefits and pension plan, and generous time off. Apply today, we'd love to hear from you! #joinourteam
Note: Internally this role is referred to as Sr Specialist Project Management.
What You Will Do:
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned power project(s) including detailed design, long lead procurement, construction, compliance, integration, safety, cost, schedule, and quality.
- Lead functional project teams by ensuring they are staffed, have role clarity and are capable to meet the challenges and objectives of each project and removing barriers to success.
- Actively collaborate in project development with strong value-added engagement in up-front planning, generating achievable goals supporting “best in class” top quartile results.
- Owning and ensuring the efficacious use of strong and disciplined project management systems and practices to manage and report on project status, proactively escalating issues as needed.
- Assure implementation of construction management processes and procedures (specifications, inspection procedures, quality assurance program, materials management program, EH&S requirements, cost, progress, and schedule management, etc.).
- Innovate and drive value optimization through the full project lifecycle.
- Build trusting and strong relationships across the functional project organization, senior leadership, with key vendors and service providers, and the site construction team and ensure effective early engagement in decisions and plans that affect them.
Who You Are:
- A University degree in Engineering or related construction or operational training and/or experience will be considered.
- 10+ years of progressively increasing project technical and leadership experience is highly desirable with a strong site and office background, with wind project execution hands-on leadership experience in the Project Manager (or combination of Project Manager, Sr. Project Engineer and/or site Construction Manager) role on multiple on-shore wind projects exceeding 100MW of generation capacity.
- Expertise in project management methods and techniques, with preference for PMP certification or equivalent.
- Strong leadership and management, including organizational and planning skills.
- Collaborative leader, who efficiently leads and inspires teams to exceed expectations.
- A creative and logical thinker, with strong decision making skills
- Lead meetings and set expectations for project team and stakeholders.
- Successfully negotiate win-win solutions with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Predict and find issues and potential risks before they arise and implement plans to manage.
- Taking immediate and independent action to resolve issues or problems when they arise.
- Conveying a strong sense of urgency and driving issues to closure.
- Passion for upholding Enbridge's core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion and High Performance along with our ways of working.
- Registered as a PE (US) or P.Eng. (Canada).
Physical Requirements (Include but are not limited to):
- Included but not limited to: Grasping, kneeling, light–moderate lifting (objects up to 20 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, typing, sitting, standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement and the ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Mental Requirements (Both field & office) include but are not limited to:
Include but not limited to: Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
- Office environment with frequent travel to field locations (~20-30%) and Company offices. A valid license and responsible driving record is mandatory.
- This role would involve some Canada/US cross border travel.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.