When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
SEI is a teams-based, non-profit organization based in San Rafael in the Bay Area, CA, with offices in San Diego, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Seattle, Sitka (Alaska), and the greater New York area, dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions.
For over 24 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities.
SEI is seeking a Project Coordinator to support SEI and our sustainability-focused K through College education programs. This is a full-time position based out of our main office in San Rafael, CA. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday, include occasional travel and field support, and require flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work. The Project Coordinator reports to and supports the activities of SEI’s Executive Director and other program directors in addition to assisting with all aspects of our education projects and programs, including curriculum development and continuous improvement, teacher training, instructional planning, direct instruction, staff supervision and mentorship, evaluation, reporting, and project management.
In this position, you will play an integral role across our organization, working closely with its leadership and program teams, shining a light on our critical work building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. You will be involved in all phases of projects, from design and fundraising, to planning, implementation, management, evaluation, and reporting.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Receive a competitive starting salary for this position of $63,000 plus company-paid medical, sick time, vacation time, 14 paid holidays per year, in-house dental/vision/chiropractic plan, Comp time, participation in a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan (with matching after one year of employment), and a flexible work schedule (telecommuting 2 days/week).
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years of experience in sustainability education.
- Access to reliable transportation for work related commitments.
- Demonstrated mastery in project management & work organization.
- Track record of expanding your role, responsibilities & associated outcomes.
- Genuine commitment to centering equity & diversity in the work.
- Basic understanding of the nature of & players within local public agencies, nonprofits, businesses & educational institutions, including traditional or non-traditional teaching and curriculum design
- Knowledge of Career Technical Education standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and Common Core ELA and Math Standards.
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience and ease developing relationships and skillfully working with colleagues, partners & clients
- Aptitude for interpersonal rapport building and working collaboratively with others.
- Strong experience with and interest in various information technologies along with competency across the Google and Microsoft suites of office software (e.g.: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Aptitude to quickly learn industry- or project-specific software.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/ partners, or independently.
- Actively collaborate with SEI’s development team on fundraising activities, including individual giving stewardship materials, fundraising events, & advocacy campaigns.
- Supervise, teach, or mentor students and/or teachers working on climate protection projects in schools
- Assist with all aspects of our education projects and programs, including curriculum development and continuous improvement, teacher training, instructional planning, direct instruction, staff supervision and mentorship, evaluation, reporting, and project management.
SEI requires all employees be vaccinated for COVID with exceptions for health & religious reasons. This position requires applicants to perform the following tasks: Read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze, use fine finger movements, use a computer and mouse, sit, stand, walk, drive a motorized vehicle, carry and/or lift up to 40 pounds, reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, push/pull, grasp.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please click "Apply" below to email a resume and cover letter describing how your interest, qualifications, and experience are a perfect match for this position, to SEI.
- Include “Project Coordinator Education” and the platform you are applying from in the subject line of your email.
- Target start date is as soon as possible. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.