When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Galileo Project, LLC provides project management assistance and coordination (PMAC) to federal, state, and local agencies on environmental permitting and planning projects. These projects include renewable energy, transmission, pipelines, and planning efforts among others.
Galileo is a woman-owned small business with offices in Tempe, Arizona and Marietta, Georgia. Additional information may be found on Galileo’s website.
This entry-level Project Assistant position is a full-time, hourly position in the Marietta, Georgia office. Applicant will perform a wide range of administrative activities for project team to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. The job includes the primary responsibility of updating project Microsoft Access databases with incoming information. It may also involve meeting attendance and documentation; assistance with public participation and meeting coordination; and assistance with project documents and correspondence. This position is a great introduction to the National Environmental Policy Act process. Galileo is an expanding firm with considerable growth opportunities.
- Data entry to maintain electronic (and hard copy) filing system (administrative records)
- Retrieve documents from filing system (electronic and hard copy)
- Attend and accurately document meetings (teleconferences and in-person)
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax, and mailing
- Organize, update, and maintain project records such as document files and contact lists
- Provide assistance with logistics of public, tribal, and agency meetings
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for project team members
- Coordinate information relevant to project assignments from multiple sources
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
- Experience with customer service
- Experience working within a team environment
- Working knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is a plus
- Note-taking or writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, environmental resources, public policy, or related area a plus but not required
- Minimum of high school diploma and three (3) years’ work experience
Skills and Specifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (certification a plus)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite is a plus
- Reading comprehension and ability to summarize large amounts of information coherently
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks
- Multi-tasking, using personal judgment, and utilizing strong decision-making skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to different projects and management styles
- Customer service orientation
- This position pays $16-$18 per hour depending on experience.
- Galileo offers a generous benefits package including health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation and sick leave.
- Please click "Apply" below to email a cover letter, resume and references to Maria Martin.
- Resumes should be submitted with a cover letter, and references. A brief (2-5 page) writing sample is plus.
- Type Project Assistant into the email subject line, and then your name.
- Applications that do not contain all three documents may not be considered.