When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Inc. (RGGI) is a non-profit corporation created to provide technical and administrative services to the states participating in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI). RGGI is the first market-based regulatory program in the United States to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
RGGI is a cooperative effort among the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia to cap and reduce CO2 emissions from the power sector.
RGGI seeks to hire a Program Associate to be based in New York City.
- Serve as the program lead for the RGGI CO2 Allowance Tracking System (RGGI COATS) and RGGI CO2 budget source compliance, including:
- Develop work plans for quarterly RGGI COATS registry system updates and releases, in coordination with the RGGI COATS System Administrator.
- Perform registry system testing and coordinate on security improvements.
- Coordinate among RGGI states, as well as the relevant contractors, involved in the maintenance and development of RGGI COATS.
- Facilitate state review of sensitive compliance data, processes, and reports.
- Facilitate relevant notifications and transactions related to compliance processing.
- Coordinate the release of compliance data and reporting to the public.
- Manage budget and workflow of contractor serving as the RGGI COATS System Administrator.
- Independently coordinate and facilitate calls with state agency representatives.
- Serve as program support on specific projects related to the regional process of program
evaluation (RGGI Program Review), including but not limited to technical modeling, analyses, and
- Provide support for the RGGI offsets program.
- Provide support on other technical and/or administrative support across program areas as
- Academic record including, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3-4 years of relevant professional experience successfully facilitating or coordinating multiple projects, working with a diverse group of clients, and engaging with the public.
- Interest in climate change and energy policy and understanding of the technical/policy aspects of achieving greenhouse gas emissions reductions in the power sector.
- Strong project management, communications, organizational, and analytic skills.
- Ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with state agency representatives and external parties.
- Prepare clear and effective written agendas, memos, reports, and presentations(including visuals).
- Approach projects with ownership from conception through planning and execution.
- Effectively prioritize when managing multiple projects or deadlines within one project.
- Problem-solve, think critically, and suggest process and system improvements.
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a small office, including the flexibility to take on ad-hoc projects and new responsibilities as needed.
- Work effectively in both remote environments and in-person, as circumstances allow.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will include a benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply" below to email a resumé, cover letter, and a 1-3 page writing sample (e.g., a memo, brief, or other concise informational document) addressed to Andrew J. McKeon, Executive Director, under the subject line “Program Associate Application.” Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
- No telephone inquiries, please.
RGGI, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity employment.