When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At Saildrone, we sustainably explore, map, and monitor the oceans to understand, protect, and preserve our world. Saildrone provides real-time access to critical data from any ocean on earth, 24/7/365, and uses proprietary software applications to transform that data into actionable insights and intelligence.
Saildrone’s fleet of uncrewed surface vehicles (USVs), powered by renewable wind and solar power, have a minimal carbon footprint and operate without the need for a crewed support vehicle. We work with governments, civil agencies, foundations, universities, and private companies around the globe to drive better information about our oceans and seas—from sailing into the eye of a category 4 hurricane to obtain new data about how storms intensify collecting new CO2 data in hard-to-reach areas, and counting fish biomass to inform sustainable fishery management, to mapping the ocean floor and reducing illegal fishing and drug trafficking.
As a result of our work, we have been included on Fast Company’s annual list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022”, earned the 2022 Ocean Awards’ Innovation Award, won “Best Tech For Good” in the 2022 Timmy Awards, and were recognized by Andreessen-Horowitz’s American Dynamism 50 list of the “Top 50 companies kickstarting American renewal. Saildrone’s hurricane mission was included as one of the New York Times’ “21 Things That Happened for the First Time in 2021,” and Popular Science's “100 Greatest Innovations of 2021.”
We are based in Alameda, CA, with offices in Washington DC, St. Petersburg, FL, and Fall River, MA, and operate our missions worldwide. We are backed by top-tier investors in the frontier-tech and sustainability sectors, including Social Capital, Capricorn, Lux Capital, BOND Capital, and Emerson Collective.
This is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing team at the cutting-edge intersection of big data services and autonomous hardware. You will be an integral part of a high-performing multi-disciplinary delivering high impact for humanity and future generations.
Saildrone is seeking a highly organized, efficient and energetic People Operations and Recruiting Coordinator. This role will work directly with Recruiters to coordinate high-volume and fast-paced interview activity across all departments with a candidate-first mindset. In tandem, this role will also partner with our People Operations team to support the many initiatives (employee engagement, benefits administration, Human Resources Systems knowledge (HRIS), and onboarding new hires. We are looking for someone eager and excited to grow their career in People Operations.
This positions reports into the Alameda, CA office daily. It is not a WFH, or telecommute role.
How You Will Contribute:
People Ops/HR Responsibilities
- Act as point person for new hire onboarding including contractors/consultants – supporting orientation, answering questions
- Assist with Employee Engagement Survey, statistics and reporting
- Support People Operations with administrative tasks and internal communications
- Track HR Systems slack channel ensuring timely responses
- Assist in maintaining HRIS and other database records, including (but not limited to) information for new hires, terminations, and other status changes
- Assist with ad hoc projects and reporting
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with HIPAA and all other compliance standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Partner with recruiters to schedule interviews throughout the entire process for priority roles, while providing an exceptional candidate experience
- Work closely with the Recruiting team to improve upon existing process and programs and to develop and roll out fun, creative ways to acquire talent
- Track all candidates’ interview activity and serve as point of contact
- Assist with timely and accurate completion of data to all applicant tracking systems and documents
Skills and experience:
- 1+ years of professional HR/People Operations/Recruiting experience in a corporate environment
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently
- Understanding and interest of HR functions and best practices
- Familiarity with Jobscore strongly preferred
- Self-directed with a high sense of urgency while maintaining a meticulous attention to detail (no matter how mundane)
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Google Drive and System Platforms
- Proficient in Pivot Tables and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A team player - you're willing to help out wherever needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
Location: This position is in Alameda, CA. Our waterfront office offers beautiful views of San Francisco Bay in always sunny Alameda. Even our walls have good karma, our offices mix software development with a hardware production line in the former airplane hangar used to film 'The Matrix'.
- Medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents.
- Short and relaxing ferry ride from the Ferry Building for SF residents
- Enhanced Parental Leave Programs
- Competitive benefits including excellent medical, life insurance, 401k plan