When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Reuse Center at BBR is a mission-driven nonprofit that inspires, educates, and empowers homeowners to increase the efficiency and value of their homes.
Good-quality used and surplus building materials are received, processed, and then made available for purchase to the general public at our retail storefront and through internet channels. Our prices are discounted for low- and moderate-income homeowners, which results in greater housing stability, wealth creation, and stronger communities.
We are growing, and a recent building renovation has significantly increased our capacity. In this new role for the organization, the Outreach Coordinator will lead the effort to identify, engage, and build lasting relationships with new customers and the communities we serve.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The role is based at our facility in Roxbury Crossing and will have a significant component of off-site work. Weekend and evening participation and delivery of events will be required.
Note: This position reports to the BBR Assistant Director.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the awareness and impact of the Reuse Center at BBR with the goal of increasing the customer base, product sales, membership sales, and communities served.
- Identify and prioritize communities for outreach and develop strategies to engage each.
- Engage with municipal homeownership programs, community organizations, realtors, and others within priority areas to identify opportunities for collaboration and strategies for reaching their constituents. Build and maintain strong relationships with likeminded people and organizations.
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop, design, and distribute outreach materials, including print materials, online content, social media, and ad creative, and to manage paid advertising placements, online content, and email marketing.
- Attend community events and represent BBR to raise awareness of the organization. This may include tabling at fairs, churches, farmers markets, etc., as well as speaking at events.
- Develop metrics and a dashboard of key performance indicators to quantify the effectiveness of outreach efforts. Interpret result to inform program changes and improve outcomes.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to increase the capacity of outreach efforts.
- Develop and manage incentive programs to drive customer referrals, repeat sales, and membership sales retention.
- Perform administrative duties as needed to complete mailings, record keeping, evaluations, reporting, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in outreach, communications, marketing, customer engagement, or a related field.
- Passion for the dual mission of affordable housing and reuse of materials.
- Exceptional communications, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Experience managing volunteers and others.
- Strong public speaking skills. Demonstrated ability to attract and engage a community of diverse constituents.
- Active listener with the ability to identify actionable themes.
- Strong computer and technology skills. Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and comfort learning new technology tools quickly.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Resourceful, creative thinker and problem solver. Self-starter who takes initiative to deliver results.
- Conversational fluency in another language, besides English, is required. Ability in additional language(s) a strong plus.
- A valid driver’s license, as well as a satisfactory driving record.
- A satisfactory criminal background check (CORI).
- Working some evenings, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Microsoft proficiency as well as some Adobe Suite design experience.
- The ability to lift 40 pounds independently and spend periods of time standing during events.
Salary and Benefits
Boston Building Resources offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical insurance; vacation, sick, and personal time; and the option to participate in our 401(k) plan.
About Boston Building Resources
Boston Building Resources includes a consumer co-op as well as the nonprofit Reuse Center. The co-op started in 1978 as a source of affordable materials and knowledge to make their homes more energy efficient. The Reuse Center was founded in 1993 as a way to prevent the needless waste of reusable building materials and direct them toward hardworking homeowners. The Reuse Center serves approximately 2,000 people each year, most of whom are lower-income homeowners from Greater Boston. Our current customer base is majority people of color with a significant number of Spanish speakers.
The Reuse Center at BBR is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, thriving workplace that values each member of our team.