When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Operations Coordinator, Country Office Unit (COU)
The Operations Coordinator performs a variety of standard administrative duties, and special projects to ensure the smooth functioning of the Unit’s operations in support of WWF-Country Offices in Latin America, Asia and Africa. This position uses administrative skills, organizational skills, and a detailed knowledge of the organization and its programs and policies to work closely with key functional areas including Conservation, Strategic Operations, Financial Management, Risk Management, Communications, Business Analysis, Knowledge Management, Technology, and logistical support.
- Provides direct administrative support to the VP of Strategic Operations and assists on the development and implementation of operation approaches and projects that enhance the operational strategy of Country Offices.
- Assists the Conservation/Strategy team by supporting training, and facilitation of events with Country Offices including assistance in developing agendas, preparing materials, scheduling meetings and workshops, and coordinating follow up.
- Supports on the design of operational training materials for Country Offices
- Supports the Business Process and Analysis function on routine collection of data for Management dashboards including running financial reports, and follow-up with Country offices.
- Provides routine screenings of Management Dashboards and makes minor changes directly in Tableau; uses skills in Excel to help prepare datasets for key report projects.
- Process non-program payments and supports with COU staff with preparation and submission of travel reports.
- Maintains Country Offices Databases updated (i.e., Bank authorizations, Signing Authority, Local Government Agreements, Requirements for Compliance with Local Legislation)
- Supports on the preparation and monitoring of COU agreements for grantees and consultants.
- Supports with the search for visual material such as photos / videos to create Internal communication materials.
- Supports with the monthly information update of the Country Office Unit Platform to guarantee an updated knowledge management platform.
- Assist with the design of internal communications materials for specific purposes or to support specific initiatives lead by the Country Office Unit
- Assists with budget entry maintenance and review; funding proposals preparation; budget execution monitoring; expense coding.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- The position requires fluency in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Any experience in conservation, operations, financial management, risk management, communications, business analysis, knowledge management or technology is not required but a plus.
- Energetic, forward-thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards
- Exceptional relationship-building competencies coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and under pressure on a variety of simultaneous initiatives and issues.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a matrixed and multicultural team environment
- Proven detail-oriented and organized individual able to prioritize from a diversity of requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and aptitude to appropriately utilize courtesy, tact, and diplomacy when interacting with stakeholders of various backgrounds
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Intro and above experience with Tableau desired but not required; experience with Excel and datasets preferred
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #24001
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.