When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is hiring!
Are you a savvy marketing professional, passionate about storytelling, experienced in leading happy, collaborative teams, and committed to supporting the Gardens’ IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) goals? We're looking for a Marketing Manager excited about inspiring meaningful connections among people, plants, and nature in one of the most beautiful settings in Maine. See the full listing on our website: https://www.mainegardens.org/employment/
The Marketing Manager will lead the Gardens’ marketing program, building, implementing, and managing a dynamic marketing and communications plan that supports the achievement of all organizational goals. They ensure a consistent and integrated customer and brand experience in all marketing materials and across all channels. The best candidate will have proven success building and leading high-functioning, happy, and collaborative teams, including a strong ability to delegate tasks and oversee team’s work, hold employees accountable for work performance on the job, and coach and develop employees.
- Full-time, salaried, exempt
- $67,000 - $84,000 annually
- Intermittent remote work would be considered
- Apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com
- BS/BA in marketing or business-related field or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree in marketing preferred.
- 5+ years of marketing management experience. Nonprofit marketing experience a plus.
- Proven success building and following repeatable processes and completing work on agreed-upon timelines. Excellent organization skills. Ability to track multiple projects and prioritize.
- Proven success building and leading a high-functioning, happy, and collaborative teams. Ability to delegate tasks and oversee team’s work, holding employees accountable for work performance on the job, and ability to coach and develop employees.
- Track record of meeting or exceeding goals, deadlines, and budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office 365 products. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design software a plus.
- Commitment to working across the organization to support the integration of IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) principles into CMBG’s internal operations and its relationships with visitors and guests.
- Enthusiasm for plants and the natural world and a commitment to advancing the mission of Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.
- Lead CMBG’s marketing program. Build, implement, and manage a dynamic marketing and communications plan annually that supports achievement of all organizational goals. Elevate and integrate educational and conservation messages into our communications to establish our voice and expertise as a resource for all topics related to our mission.
- Responsible for creation, quality control, and delivery of marketing materials across all content formats: print collateral and signs, press releases, presentations, videos, blogs, website, digital advertising and search, organic and paid social, education and campaign materials
- Manage PR and earned media for the Gardens. Prepare key messages and talking points for CEO and others to use when talking to the media.
- Successfully lead, develop, recruit, and inspire marketing staff to collaborate with internal and external partners and achieve strategic goals. Duties include recruitment and selection, scheduling and job assignments, staff development and training, establishing performance goals, providing feedback, and managing performance.
- Own implementation and updating of the style guide. Partner with our freelance design team to ensure brand guidelines are implemented across deliverables.
- Lead a collaborative process to tailor marketing and advertising programs to meet stakeholders’ budgeted goals in visitation, guest experience, education program attendance, membership, annual giving, and Gardenshop online sales.
- Utilizing Airtable, build repeatable processes and structure to manage content production and implementation across all communication channels: digital, email, traditional print, and onsite promotion and signage. Ensure process includes stakeholder content reviews.
- Ensure we are tracking and reporting on the appropriate marketing metrics on a monthly basis so that we can monitor and analyze the effectiveness of different marketing campaigns and vehicles.
- Actively engage in efforts to expand guest demographics and our audience. Build positive relationships with CMBG and local community through our marketing and PR so that MidCoast residents see CMBG as a valuable resource in the community.
- Oversee marketing budget, vendor relationships and negotiations, and contracts.
- Participate in the implementation of Gardens-wide initiatives, including Gardens Aglow and other events.
- Promote and foster a culture of teamwork, cooperation, integrity, efficiency, diversity, inclusion, belonging, and respect throughout the Gardens with all employees, supervisors/managers, volunteers, visitors and others.
Please click "Apply" below to email your resume.