When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art preserves and promotes the natural and cultural connections between the area’s beautiful landscape, historic sites, and important artists. The Conservancy protects the lands and waters throughout the Brandywine Valley and other priority conservation areas, developing sustainable approaches to emerging needs and assuring preservation of majestic open spaces and protection of natural resources for generations to come.
The Museum of Art presents and collects historic and contemporary works of American art, engaging and exciting visitors of all ages through an array of exhibitions and programs. The Brandywine unites the inspiring experiences of art and nature, enhancing the quality of life in its community and among its diverse audiences.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist position will create and execute marketing and communications strategies to promote the Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art and its mission. Responsible for supporting department functions including press outreach, social media management, content development, and communications across the organization.
In collaboration with the Marketing, Communications & Creative Services department, the Marketing & Communications Specialist will work closely with staff members across all areas of the Brandywine’s Conservancy and Museum teams, including curatorial, education, visitor services, land conservation, municipal assistance, and development staff, as well as other staff members throughout the organization.
- Assists with all aspects of media relations, including developing and writing press releases; cultivating and maintaining relationships with local/regional members of the press; delivering persuasive pitches for both story ideas and photo opportunities; and help with coordinating and managing all press events, tours and interviews, as well as fulfilling media requests for images and information. Also captures, monitors and reports on all media coverage received and maintains press archives.
- Develops and produces daily content across all Brandywine social media platforms, including writing copy, scheduling posts, assisting with photography and video creation, and monitoring/responding to audience engagement. Also maintains and manages content calendar in line with overall social media strategy. Collaborates with other departments across the organization as needed to help with content generation in support of the Brandywine’s exhibitions, programs/events and projects.
- Tracks and reports on key social media metrics to monitor engagement, impressions, and growth across all Brandywine channels. In collaboration with the Director of Marketing & Communications, use social analytics to inform ongoing content strategy and deepen engagement with social audiences.
- Collaborates with departments across the organization to design, edit and distribute all electronic marketing emails.
- Helps manage content and production of key internal and external Brandywine marketing publications, including the annual report, bi-annual Catalyst member magazine, quarterly Environmental Currents eNewsletters, and monthly staff newsletter.
- Builds productive and collaborative cross-functional relationships across the organization to develop engaging stories for internal and external distribution and produce content for print and digital platforms.
- Assists with copy writing and editing of all internal and external communications across the organization.
- Assists with photography, video and photo shoots, and other duties as assigned.
- Applies a lens of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility to all planned, produced and published content across all print and digital platforms.
- Two to three plus years working in a complex business or not-for-profit marketing environment. Experience working with a conservation and/or cultural organization a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (communications, marketing and/or public relations) or equivalent work experience required.
- Proven ability as a creative problem solver who can synthesize complex material quickly into compelling copy.
- Experience working with the media: writing press releases, building relationships and pitching stories.
- Excellent creative writing and copy-editing skills. Demonstrated ability to write and edit for publications and communications with marketing and institutional messaging.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with a high degree of attention to detail. Responds effectively and quickly to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Some experience working with design software (such as Adobe Creative Cloud software), as well as photography and video skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media tools and platforms, including metrics analysis. Willingness to learn new technology platforms, programs and skills.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal communication skills, as well as an eagerness to learn and develop professionally in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates an appreciation for and interest in both art and the environment.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $45,000 annual
- Full time, exempt position (37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, plus occasional weekends and evenings as needed.)
- Eligible for hybrid work schedule (three days in office and two days remote), under qualifying conditions
- Paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement benefits
Please click "Apply" below to email your resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to Connie Scholz.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff.