When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people working on sustainability in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo.
BSR is also a founding partnerof the We Mean Business coalition, a group of business-facing organizations that collectively works with thousands of businesses and investors to accelerate the transition to a net zero economy.
Managers work collaboratively across BSR’s industry and practice teams on a range of consulting, grant-funded projects, and collaborative initiatives. Managers ensure exceptional project execution and high-quality engagement with BSR member companies and other partners.
- Project Management and Implementation: Assume responsibility for implementing consulting and grant-funded projects, which includes overseeing project scope, timeline, deliverable quality and budget; managing clients and project teams; providing subject matter expertise; conducting primary research, including leading stakeholder interviews; utilizing tools; and presenting at and facilitating client meetings.
- Member and Client Management: Maintain day-to-day client relationships; oversee member relationships; and support member recruitment and business development.
- Team management: Lead project teams to effectively execute project objectives, outcomes, and impacts; establish the standards by which the project will be guided, including managing senior team members; and support team members’ learning and skills development.
- Sustainability Management: BSR works with our member companies to help them develop assessments, strategies, policies, and disclosures to meet their corporate sustainability objectives. The Manager will work closely with BSR’s global sustainability management to build, align, and execute our portfolio of work.
- Climate Change: BSR works with our member companies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and build resilience to unavoidable climate impacts, advancing the goals of the Paris Agreement. The Manager will work closely with BSR’s global climate team to build, align, and execute our portfolio of work.
- Financial Services: BSR works with approximately fifty member companies in the financial services sector, including private capital investors, banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and financial technology companies. The Manager will work closely with BSR’s financial services team to enhance the sustainability of those companies; to integrate climate and sustainability considerations into their investments, products, and services; and to help companies in other industries understand the evolving landscape of sustainable investing.
- ESG / Responsible Investing Leadership: The Manager, Financial Services and ESG Investing would work to help drive BSR’s overall approach to working with our member companies, both financial companies and non-financial companies, on their ESG/responsible investing needs and areas of interest as it related to their work with BSR. This would include supporting BSR in-house expertise on ESG/responsible investing trends, standards, relationships, and expectations for our member companies.
Note: At BSR we have implemented a transparent total compensation framework with an emphasis on internal equity. In order to maintain our equity our hiring rate will be $102,058 for this position. Location adjustment will apply if successful candidates resides in New York or San Francisco.
- Experience working in or with the financial services industry is required, specifically at a top-tier financial services/investment/financial firm, consulting firm, NGO, or similar role in a corporate role. This may include experience with ESG investing, ESG investment stewardship, shareholder advocacy, responsible banking, financial services consulting, financial technology, etc.
- Direct experience in corporate sustainability management is a significant plus. This may include experience working in a corporate sustainability department, private sector focused sustainability non-profits, sustainability focused consultancies, etc.
- Direct experience in climate finance is a significant plus. This may include in-depth understanding of major climate change frameworks, standards, regulations, collaborations, and corporate actions, etc.
- Proven track record of success in working with business in a client/customer-facing position. Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with members and other companies.
- Significant experience working on climate change and/or financial services is required. This may include conducting climate risk analysis, setting climate-related goals, advancing climate resilience or carbon reduction efforts, working on scope 3 emissions, etc., and/or conducting investment research and analysis, consulting with financial services firms, driving sustainability/ESG-related initiatives within a firm, working on ESG-related shareholder activity, working in a civil society organization that addresses investment/finance-related themes, etc. Direct experience in climate finance is a significant plus.
- Proven track record of success in working with business in a client/customer-facing position.Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with members and other companies.
- Experience managing multiple, disparate projects simultaneously.
- High degree of fluency in English required, with fluency in a second language a plus.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to undertake up to 15% business travel post COVID-19.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR’s overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
At BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.