When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) is dedicated to sustaining, restoring and enhancing the nation’s fish, wildlife, plants and habitats for current and future generations.
NFWF builds partnerships between leading U.S. corporations and the federal agencies, nonprofits and individuals who drive conservation efforts across the United States.
We leverage public funds to raise private dollars, and award those funds to projects that will do the most good across a wide range of landscapes.
MANAGER, FINANCIAL REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
The Manager of Financial Reporting and Analysis plays an integral role in mining, tracking and summarizing large datasets to provide analytical insight into the various business and financial activities of the Foundation and to help senior management make tactical and strategic decisions by providing periodic reports and dashboards. The Manager of Financial Reporting and Analysis supports the Finance and Accounting Department in fulfilling its various financial reporting responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide analytical reports and grant/project/funds management reports/deliverables to support a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce monthly, periodic and ad-hoc reports, which include key performance metrics, financial results, variance reporting, and trend analyses.
- Work closely with the finance and accounting department to ensure data accuracy and integrity of standardized reports by developing appropriate ad-hoc and periodic reports.
- Collaborate with the IT department on relevant financial reporting tools, applications and systems. As appropriate, take ownership and maintain data integrity for the financial reporting tools and systems.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and dashboards
- Compute quarterly/annual management fees in compliance with funding source agreement provisions and Foundation policy.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process and special projects within the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as directed by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, management/accounting information systems, accounting, finance or economics plus at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven work experience as a data analyst, business analyst, or financial report preparation.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and familiarity with data query/data management tools are required. Deltek Costpoint, IBM Cognos, Salesforce Reporting, R, and SQL experience is a plus.
- Highly service-oriented, team-oriented, and goal oriented with great flexibility to identify priorities, manage and respond to competing deadlines and priorities.
Commensurate with experience.