When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
About the Job
Prime Coalition is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to play a pivotal role in developing and executing our organization's communication strategy. We're excited to have a new team member to help enhance our brand reputation, share our learnings as a catalytic capital investor, and support fundraising.
- Deadline: Sunday, Aug 13, 2023
- Location: Remote within the United States
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $120,000-$130,000
- Reports to: Senior Director, Partnerships
- Desired Start Date: October 1, 2023
Identify organizational needs, gaps, and opportunities:
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to identify communication needs and ensure consistent messaging across various channels.
- Oversee cross-team and cross-channel coordination (e.g., website/newsletter) to identify and elevate opportunities based on program information or team updates.
- Support the hiring process for communications needs, including writing scopes of work as well as recruiting, hiring and onboarding consultants and staff as needed.
- Manage Prime cross-cutting communications personnel, coordinating closely with vertical department leads and department-specific communications support.
- Manage Prime cross-cutting communications contractors, such as copy editors, graphic designers, and public relations.
- Pursue and cultivate relationships with outside media and marketing outlets.
Develop content for all Prime-wide communications vehicles:
- Newsletter: Source content for, write, and deploy Prime’s newsletters, currently released on a quarterly basis using Campaign Monitor.
- Website: Evolve and maintain Prime’s website, including creating new content areas/sections and leading language changes, reviewing and changing program pages, creating investee news digests, and modifying the site map.
- Social media: Develop content for Primes social media channels, Linkedin and Twitter.
- Presentations: Create presentation content, including collateral and fundraising decks.
- Organizational campaigns: Leverage all vehicles to organize communications campaigns for new programs, funds, research, and more.
- Respond to daily communications needs as they arise.
- Manage communications-related tasks such as sending logos to partners, completing communication-related forms, adding events to internal and external calendars, documenting reporters for future outreach, and responding to inbound inquiries.
- Provide light design support to various teams upon request, such as formatting impact reports or fundraising materials and brand alignment.
- Provide advice to vertical program leads on emails, messaging, and calendar coordination.
- Update the brand template/deck, including formatting improvements and necessary upgrades, to support the team's needs.
Supporting field-wide education
Partner with other Prime team members to articulate Prime’s thinking and share it with the world, in service to catalytic capital and climate solutions:
- Organize and facilitate staff working groups, fostering a collective forum to advance and articulate ideas or identify communications needs.
- Write and update common Prime terms and their applications, supporting internal learning and/or updating the Prime glossary when necessary.
- Advance existing ideas for writing and publishing articles.
- Support Director of Finance and Operations to develop organizational shared DEIJB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, & Belonging) terms. Write and update DEIJB terms, supporting discussions to refine terms and writing a final public statement.
- Write and update Prime’s website to reflect DEIJB public statement.
- Proven experience in developing and executing communication strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational abilities.
- Proven experience managing additional personnel and outside contractors.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with diverse teams.
- Proficiency in content creation and editing across various channels.
- Basic design and formatting skills, and experience in brand management and maintaining brand consistency.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the impact investing, philanthropy, or environmental sustainability field.
- Design skills, including print and digital formats.
- Experience in long form writing, such as reports.
- A commitment to Prime’s mission and values.
- Assertive ally for racial equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Collaborative with a sense of humility.
- Intrinsic, driving motivation to mitigate climate change.
- Self-motivation and flexibility.
- Willingness to be a productive member of a team, respecting differences while working toward shared goals.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the field, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or taking the next step in your career path, we will be glad to have you on our radar. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest and what you hope to bring to this role.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation of $120,000-$130,000
- Fully remote team with WeWork access
- Discretionary time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Professional development and wellness program
- Office closure for a winter and summer break in addition to other holiday office closures