When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Illinois Green Alliance is a member-driven nonprofit working to promote buildings and communities that give people better, brighter, healthier places to live, work, and learn. We foster a growing and vibrant green building community with programs, advocacy, and education driven by our volunteers and individual members.
Illinois Green Alliance seeks a seasoned professional to champion the growth of the Building Energy Resource Hub’s tools, programs and services that provide energy efficiency guidance to buildings looking to improve building performance. With support from Illinois Green’s Deputy Director, the Building Performance Manager will oversee and implement the Hub’s education programming, technical assistance offerings, and resource development.
The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating with building professionals and have familiarity with various disciplines associated with building performance (i.e. building operations, energy efficiency strategies and technologies). They will also have project management experience associated with the development of education events, technical tools, and partner relationships. The ideal candidate will be driven by the opportunity to catalyze solutions that benefit under-resourced buildings and communities, and meaningfully address carbon pollution from the buildings in our region.
- Facilitating stakeholder engagement and collaboration with building industry experts to identify and overcome barriers to making energy efficiency improvements, complying with local green building regulations, transitioning to clean energy, and more.
- Design and execute educational outreach programs for building professionals on topics from building performance technology, energy efficiency financing, and code compliance.
- Develop resources to best support buildings comply with new energy performance targets and electrification initiatives for commercial and multifamily buildings.
- Oversee internal staff members and consultants to ensure successful program and resource development.
- Coordinating with program partners on project planning, management, and reporting.
- Refining the program structure and processes, including the outreach, assessment, and on-going support.
- Develop strong familiarity with Illinois municipal policies including building energy codes and ordinances.
- Coordinate program offerings and resources with partner organizations and agencies such as the Illinois Energy Office, county and municipal environment offices, and other local building industry organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for decarbonization of the built environment, social equity, community engagement, and the mission of Illinois Green Alliance.
- Strong understanding of building operations and construction, including facilities management, building energy use, electrification trends and building performance technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a variety of building industry stakeholders, specifically building owners, managers, boards, and facilities staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to understand and translate building performance concepts to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Be able to quickly develop familiarity with current energy codes, policies, and energy efficiency trends.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, and task facilitation.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including the management of multiple concurring projects, contacts, and consultants.
- Enjoys collaboration with partner organizations and takes joy in working on a team
- Is an empathetic, thoughtful candidate who actively seeks ways to empower others and help them succeed
- Has a strong commitment to making a difference and enthusiasm for Illinois Green’s mission
- Excels at thinking creatively to develop new program plans and strategies while being nimble and quick to adapt to new challenges and opportunities
- Is detail-oriented and can manage multiple projects at once, balancing competing goals and demands from staff, volunteers, and community partners
- Has strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively coordinate and build meaningful relationships with our diverse base of members, volunteers, business leaders, and community partners to achieve our goals
- Has the ability to gauge and navigate the needs of our audience by working collaboratively with our volunteers and partner organizations
Benefits and Compensation
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $90,000. Offers will be made commensurate to experience. Benefits include:
- Up to 100% employee coverage for medical and dental
- 403b retirement benefits plan
- 10 vacation days in the first year, 10 paid holidays
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Work from home flexibility and personal time accommodations
Illinois Green Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Illinois Green is committed to improving diversity and inclusion across the organization, including at the staff level, and strives to center equity and racial justice in our work. Illinois Green can only realize it’s mission and goals effectively by achieving greater diversity – whether of grace, gender, sexual orientation, or ability – among the stakeholders who inform and engage with our work.