When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Clean Air Council is Philadelphia's oldest and most effective regional environmental advocacy non-profit. Founded in 1967, the Council is dedicated to protecting everyone's right to a healthy environment. Clean Air Council strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and those with disabilities to apply.
Clean Air Council seeks a full-time, temporary, hybrid employee to work on statewide climate and clean energy policy in Pennsylvania. JD and environmental and/or policy experience preferred. The employee will work closely with members of Clean Air Council's legal and organizing teams, as well as the Council's Political Director and Executive Director/Chief Counsel, on a full range of cutting-edge environmental policy and advocacy efforts in Pennsylvania and at the federal level.
- Full-time, temporary: 6 months, with hopes to renew and the potential to come on as a
permanent employee, circumstances permitting
- Desired start date: October 16
Description of Responsibilities:
- The employee will focus on statewide legal issues and public education about fossil fuel and petrochemical issues and alternatives.
- The employee may assist with litigation and collaborate with Clean Air Council's partners, state clean energy coalitions, and a wide network of allies, including: the environmental community; frontline and environmental justice groups; consumer and low-income advocates; labor; the faith community; clean energy businesses; utilities; state and local decision makers; and elected officials.
- The Council is a collaborative organization and, as such, employees may be called on to assist with tasks that fall outside of the above job description from time to time.
- The employee will be expected to come into our Philadelphia office approximately once per week, as the work requires.
Salary is $30,000 plus benefits for 6 months, with hopes to renew and the potential to come on
as a permanent employee, circumstances permitting.
- Interested candidates should "Apply" below to email a cover letter and resume to Joe Minott, Alex Bomstein, and Liz Schultz (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com).
- Please include Legal Fellow in the subject line. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked for a writing sample and references.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; interviews will begin immediately.