When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ We are the leader in the renewable energy sector and operate in Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania and Africa. Thanks to innovative energy technologies we produce solar, wind, hydro and geothermal energy. ~
Is it possible to combine business and the needs of stakeholders, produce energy and reduce and mitigate environmental impact all at the same time? Yes. The path to reaching these objectives, traditionally considered contradictory and irreconcilable, depends on one concept: sustainability integrated into business.
Producing clean energy with renewable sources is just the first step on our path towards a new sustainable model of development, construction and operation of our plants.
Each day, we work to create shared value in the contexts we are part of. We aim to combine the pursuit of our industrial goals with a concrete contribution to the socio-economic development of the area, with a long-term perspective and through the construction of stable and positive relationships.
Enel Green Power's presence in the world, our industrial strategy, investments and partnerships to create innovation, the way we develop, build and manage our plants all correspond with a unified vision of the present and future.
The position, while under minimal guidance of senior unit members, will define and implement project engineering design phases, coordinates and controls engineering inputs fixed general criteria and schedule from different disciplines, ensuring that technical issues are resolved and project objectives are met. Provides liaison, on engineering activities progress, between Project Manager and the technical disciplines involved in a project. Ensures engineering assistance coordination during construction and commissioning phases. Assures technical disciplines coordination, in compliance with the design and main engineering activities schedule.
While under minimal guidance and direction of senior team members, the position performs this following essential functions:
- Lead and coordinate the engineering team for performing Due Diligences, Feasibility Studies, Design for Permitting and Detailed Design (shop drawings and IFC drawings) related to Wind Power Plants
- Lead and coordinate the engineering team for validating/reviewing Due Diligences, Feasibility Studies, Design for Permitting and Detailed Design (shop drawings and IFC drawings) performed by external service providers related to Wind Power Plants
- Lead and coordinate, while interfacing with the other Units within the Organization, the engineering team for preparing the technical part of the business case for any new opportunity to be submitted to the Project's Sponsor (Organization Investment Committee)
- Perform, with the support of the other units within the Organization, the overall planning of the project's design activities related to Wind Power Plants
- Estimate, with the support of the other units within the Organization, the costs related to the construction of Wind Power Plants
- Perform, with the support of the other units within the Organization, the risk assessment related to the development and the construction of Wind Power Plants
- Develop, create and update on a regular basis the design guidelines to be used for any RFPs to be issued by the Organization and / or to be used by external co-developers
- Plan and Execute, by managing the engineering team, all the engineering activities needed for any RFPs related to Services, Supply and Works (preparation of the technical package to be provided to Procurement Function within the Organization, Bids Technical evaluation, Bids ranking and Contracts negotiation) related to Wind Power Plants
- Manage, with the support of other units within the Organization, the engineering service contracts
- Support the other units within the Organization for the management supply, construction and commissioning contracts entered into with external service providers related to own field of expertise
- Support the other units within the Organization for assuring the quality of the construction (supplies and works) of the Wind Power Plants (completeness and correctness of the Quality Control Plans prepared by the Suppliers, assessment and management of all the Non Conformities related to engineering issues, etc.)
- Manage the engineering team for assessing all the Design Changes occurred during the project life cycle (by tracking all the changes, by assessing the impacts on the project's objectives and by controlling the implementation)
- Ensure the completeness and the correctness of all the technical documentation to be provided to any external stakeholder (TSO/ISO, DSO, Banks, Sponsor's, third party engineering company, Electrical National Body, local authorities, etc.)
- Support the other units within the Organization during the start-up and commissioning of the Wind Power Plants
- Ensure the engineering support to the other units of the Organization for completing the Hand Over of the Project to the Operation and Maintenance Function of the Organization (closure construction Punch List, completion of the AS-BUILT drawings, etc.)
- Work with the senior Project Engineer for preparing the technical proposals to participate in International Public Energy Auctions.
- Prepare project status reports for communicating with team members and other project stakeholders, whether they are internal (at all organizational levels) or external to the organization.
- Implements the lessons learned continuously in the projects, sharing the best practices and knowledge with the other units of the Organization and inside the Design Unit.
- Provide feedbacks for the continuous improvement of the design methodologies to the Head of the Design Unit
- Project Management Certification is preferred (PMI and/or similar)
- From 3 to 5 years of experience in Wind Industry
- Knowledge of overall design and construction of Wind Power Plants
- Knowledge of grid connection and electrical substation (main components and functioning)
- Basic economics general knowledge
- Knowledge of funding strategies (Full Equity, Funding partnerships, Project financing, etc...)
- Knowledge of H&S laws and regulations
- Fluent English is required, Spanish or Italian preferred
- Must be available for domestic and international travel for meetings and for on-site support
- Valid Driver's license
- Knowledge of informatics:
- Microsoft Office
- Softwares for Wind Resource Assessment
- Ability to work within a Global Framework
- Ability to work within a Matrix Organization
- Ability in working within multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Project Management Skills
- Contract Management Skills
- Good understanding of budgets and design for cost solutions
- Risk Management Skills
- Ability to understand all the Enterprise Environmental factors who might affect the project's objectives (market condition, regulatory, trends, etc.)
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Innovation and Sustainable thinking
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Leadership and Influencing skills
- Ability to create working team environment and to build trust with all the stakeholders
- Ability to work in autonomy for complex tasks and in multiple projects under pressure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- PE certification is preferred