When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Earth Advantage is an entrepreneurial Oregon-based nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate the creation of better buildings. If you’re interested in joining an organization with incredible benefits and staffed with intelligent and dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about our Vision and Core Values here.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Lead Energy Modeler - Multifamily:
You’re an energy modeling professional with a passion for influencing the building industry. As part of the Multifamily Certifications department, you’re well versed in multifamily and light commercial construction, process, and project stakeholders. You are customer focused, excited by the idea of developing and contributing to Earth Advantage Multifamily Modeling Guidelines and tools that shape tomorrows building standards. You are inquisitive by nature, lead by example, debate respectfully, and are decisive.
Reports to: Sr. Manager Certifications - Multifamily
You will be working with an integrated team of sustainability experts with backgrounds in building science, energy modeling, environmental policy, and sustainable building practices. Your work environment will be highly collaborative and relies on excellent communication skills in both explaining technical project work, taking initiatives, and in conversing with a wide variety of project stakeholders.
Earth Advantage is seeking an industry professional in multifamily energy modeling to support projects requiring simulated energy analysis as well as shaping the future of the program standard. Modeling compliance activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Energy Code Compliance
- Utility Incentive Programs
- Design Alternative Comparison
- Earth Advantage Certification Compliance
The Lead Energy Modeler's duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform whole building energy modeling and analysis at a variety of stages of project design and development, utilizing predominantly the ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G and IECC framework.
- Develop building take-offs from plans sets.
- Input accurate and detailed HVAC, envelope, and energy source data.
- Perform calculations outside the modeling software as required.
- Analyze the results of model outputs.
- Provide feedback to project teams on cost effective ways of improving building performance and sustainability.
- Manage time effectively and within project budget constraints.
Note: This role is responsible for leading the initiative of refining Earth Advantage Multifamily (EAMF) Certification Energy Modeling Guidelines. The Guidelines are intended to provide a base line for the EAMF Certification program as well as influence and inform the building industry.
- 3 Years minimum commercial, mid-high rise multifamily energy modeling experience with IES-VE.
- Experience with modeling to meet LEED, code compliance, and utility rebate program requirements.
- Ability to understand client goals and communicate analysis results with project team.
- Ability to present analytical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Understanding of construction documents (plans and specifications), equipment cut sheets, and submittals to identify mechanical, electrical, controls, and plumbing system parameters and facility operational characteristics.
- Work with project teams to understand project goals.
- Understanding and application of ASHRAE and IECC energy code compliance standards.
- Knowledge of Oregon and Washington codes, standards, and best practices.
- Strong fundamentals in building physics, heat transfer and construction math.
- Understanding of HVAC systems and related mechanical concepts and experience in the analysis of energy conservation measures.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft excel and word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Master’s degree in architecture, mechanical engineering, or any related field.
- Energy modeling or assessment certification.
- An advanced degree in sustainable design or building performance modeling.
- ENERGY STAR, LEED v4 Multifamily Midrise, PHIUS energy modeling knowledge.
- Professional Engineering License.
- LEED AP+ specialty, CPHD, WELL AP, or similar.
- Professional Engineering License (or working towards).
- 1+ years experience in multifamily or commercial Systems Commissioning.
- $60,000-75,000 annual salary, dependent on experience.
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including: 5 weeks Paid Time off, 80% paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents, 401k plan with match, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long-term disability insurance, family leave policy, and sabbatical. This is a representative list that may change from time to time.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Earth Advantage is engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. Applicants from historically underserved and/or under-represented communities in the building industry are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please click "Apply" below to email the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Subject line should read: "Lead Energy Modeler - Multifamily - Last name, First name"
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Earth Advantage is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We strongly encourage individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.