When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Prime Coalition is a high impact, cutting-edge non-profit organization focused on mitigating climate change through catalytic capital investment.
Note: Catalytic capital is defined here as “investment capital that is patient, risk-tolerant, concessionary, and flexible”.
About the Job
The Impact Associate will support Prime’s internal impact assessment work to ensure that Prime is mobilizing catalytic capital toward its highest and best use.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a growing team at the leading edge of impact measurement and management (IMM) for investments in climate solutions. The Associate will report to the Director of Impact, working closely with all members of Prime’s team and representing the organization externally. The Associate will embody Prime’s values of care, additionality, humility, tenacity, and collective abundance, while relentlessly evangelizing Prime’s mission to mitigate climate change.
- Location: Virtual (PST, CST, MST, or EST time zones preferred)
- Type: Full-time, starting January 2023
- Salary: $85,000 per year plus benefits
- Reports to: Director of Impact
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research on potential climate solutions under consideration for investment
- Construct models of forward-looking emissions reduction and GHG removal
- Analyze social and environmental risks and co-benefits of potential investments using mission-aligned impact frameworks
- Document research findings and model results in written reports
- Manage logistics for staffing of the Azolla Ventures Impact Committee Impact Management
- Liaise with affiliated investment managers, including Azolla Ventures, on analysis of solutions and industries in Prime’s investment portfolio
- Maintain a repository of information on Prime-supported companies to track progress toward climate impact milestones and non-GHG impact factors including social risks and co-benefits
- Support the implementation of Prime’s 3rd-party impact audit
- Support development and maintenance of Prime’s theory of change and impact framework across all non-profit programs
- Contribute to content development for Project Frame
- Participate in the research process to substantiate capital gaps prior to the design of new investment programs
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred (master’s or MBA)
- Proven skill at quantitative data analysis in Microsoft Excel (required) and Python (preferred)
- General knowledge of energy and climate systems
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage external business communications with utmost professionalism
- Proven ability to work across IT platforms (G Suite, Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to being thorough and thoughtful in service of positive social and environmental impact
- Experience working at a nonprofit and/or investment firm preferred Core Skills & Characteristics
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally organized, detail oriented, and methodical
- Strong time management skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Self-starter, curious, and creative
- Assertive ally for racial equity, diversity and inclusion
- Intrinsic, driving motivation to solve climate change
- Appreciation of technical and societal complexities around climate solutions
Deadline: October 23, 2022
Prime embraces the differences between people of varied races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, and sexual orientations. We also acknowledge the value that different life experiences bring to our organization as a workplace, and to our ability to understand and advance our mission. Prime is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all applicants who share these values to apply.