When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Are you looking to start a career in residential construction and renovation? Check out this opportunity!
E3 EcoWorks and E3 INNOVATE operate together as Nashville's only integrated home performance company. We are passionate about the environment, energy efficiency, and the health and durability of homes. Check out our website and our Facebook page to learn more about us and follow our projects!
Relying on sound building-science expertise, E3 INNOVATE employs the most technologically appropriate and sustainable practices to improve a home’s performance. E3 INNOVATE is the leading residential home certification facilitator and verifier in the Mid-South. E3’s highly trained team includes HERS (Home Energy Rating System) Raters, BPI (Building Performance Institute) Analysts, Green Raters and the area’s first LEED-AP Homes professional – which permits the company to consult homes for Energy Star certification, NAHB® (National Home Builders Association) Green Building Program, EarthCraft HomeTM Certification, and LEED® for HomesTM. Join the E3 team now as we help builders become leaders in the green building industry and homeowners set a higher standard for sustainability in their neighborhoods.
At E3, you'll be working with a small team to help with home construction, renovation, and make-over projects including:
- insulation (spray foam and cellulose)
- sealed crawlspace systems
- weatherization, such as caulking and weather stripping
- new ductwork, mechanical systems, and air filtration systems
- radon mitigation systems
- and more
- Assist with home performance tasks such as weatherization, installation of insulation (cellulose and spray foam), sealed crawlspace systems, and mechanical systems, as well as duct installation and air sealing.
- Assist with skilled labor tasks, which may include carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work.
- Operate equipment necessary to complete work, such as cellulose machine, spray foam reactor, generator, industrial insulation vacuum, paint sprayer, lift jack, power tools, and hand tools.
- Perform equipment repair and maintenance duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of residential building, construction, maintenance, and repair concepts.
- Basic skills in the operation of equipment, power tools, and hand tools.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must have valid drivers license with a clean driving record (insurance purposes).
- Ability to physically perform operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, standing, laying, pushing, lifting.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (100 lbs) as a team and moderately heavy objects (25 lbs) alone.
- Ability to work in confined and often dirty spaces, with personal protective equipment (including respirators).
Desirable Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate diploma preferred; e.g. environmental science, sustainability, engineering, or building science
- Some experience in renovation and/or construction including equipment operation and trades work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of the BPI Certification of Knowledge Exam, preferred.
- Pay range is starting at $18, depending on experience.
E3 offers the following benefits after the 90-day introductory period:
- Basic health insurance with the option to add dentil and vision
- Paid holidays and accrued paid time off
- Bonuses may be available when the employee has exceeded in the expectation of their responsibilities
- Investment in professional development and training
Sound interesting? We'd like to hear from you! Share your resume today!