When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective and vibrant coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to address the climate crisis. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to implement the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on our goal to reduce climate pollution and accelerate the transition to clean energy and a sustainable society that support justice, jobs, improved health, and quality of life for all.
Note: The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington, D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our Operations team to serve as a liaison, strategic thought partner, and advanced administrative and relationship support for the Campaign Director, Senior Director of Operations, and the Senior Director of Coalition Management. We’re looking for a multitasking, detail-oriented, self-driven, professional Executive Assistant with at least 3 to 5 years of experience to support our Campaign Director and members of the Senior Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant works directly with the Campaign Director and the Senior Directors to assist in coordinating schedules, meetings and special events support to the overall operations of the campaign. They will be the primary coordinator for high-level monthly and quarterly meetings of CAC’s governing bodies. This coordination requires experience working with the senior and executive level teams, as well as with external stakeholders and executive schedulers. The Executive Assistant will also serve as the primary coordinator of cross-campaign special projects and initiatives.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Operations and works collaboratively with senior leadership across the organization. We are a nationwide team working with a wide range of leaders and a cross-sector ecosystem of partner organizations.
Key responsibilities may include:
Administrative Support (40%)
- Leads scheduling for the Campaign Director by handling calendar requests and meeting needs making sure that time is allocated to the highest priorities
- Point of contact and liaison for all meeting logistics
- Ensure the Campaign Director is prepared with relevant information and materials for each meeting
- Manage travel arrangements, briefing reports, meeting materials, note-taking, and tracking follow-ups and due-outs as requested by the Campaign Director
- Review and process travel reimbursement requests for the Campaign Director
- Engage and support cross-functional initiatives in strategic projects for the Campaign Director and the Senior Leadership Team
- Track progress for both internal and external assignments
Organizational Operations (40%)
- Perform administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of CAC
- Ensure and manage appropriate and timely follow-up on internal and external requests for information or actions required
- Maintain and lead the to-do list for the Senior Director of Operations, meeting regularly to maintain and determine priorities
- Support the Senior Director of Operations, including scheduling routine all-staff and senior leadership meetings,copy-editing presentations, and sending routine staff communications
- Leads and supports project management for campaign-wide initiatives and special projects
- Manager of historical information, record-keeping, and online filing systems, including shared drives
- Work in collaboration with the Operations Team to manage organizational operations, including office management, campaign-wide service support, and operations fellow
- Supports and identifies the need for, design, and implement process improvements for the Operations Department and overall campaign
Coalition Management Support (20%)
- Manage scheduling, RSVPs, meeting materials, CAC internal documents, and other products for the high-level coalition meetings
- Leads scheduling and organizing day-of logistics for the high-level coalition meetings, including catering, printed materials, location, meeting tech and notetaking
- Work with the Senior Director of Coalition Management to prepare slide decks and gather other materials for distribution for coalition meetings
- Attend and support high-level coalition meetings to take minutes, present slides, gather due outs, and prepare a readout for distribution, as requested
- Maintaining and updating coalition contact lists and online listservs
Who You Are
A successful candidate for this position is a mission-driven, hardworking, but fun-loving “people person” and organizer who has/is:
- At least 3 to 5 years of administrative support experience at an executive level, plus if in a social justice or nonprofit environment
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to perform and concurrently prioritize multiple projects with competing timelines, flexibly adjusting work plan according to shifting priorities
- Confidence in managing up internally and externally
- Able to use discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and engage with colleagues, external stakeholders, and public figures, including executive officials, effectively and appropriately.
- Skilled at coordinating meetings and travel arrangements for senior team leaders
- Experience with office equipment and software applications including MS Office, Google Suite, etc.
- Ability to work effectively as a geographically dispersed team member and communicate with staff at offsite locations. This includes comfort with communicating via phone, Zoom, Slack, etc;
- A demonstrated interest or passion in environmental issues is preferred
Research has shown that women and members of historically marginalized groups often only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. We are committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly desire applicants with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds: even if you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every qualification listed, we still encourage you to reach out and apply.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, D.C. CAC staff work in a hybrid set-up with in-office work (2-3 days a week). COVID vaccinations are required for all onsite work. The salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000 and is commensurate based on experience.
The Climate Action Campaign is proud to offer the following:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off and paid holidays
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Monthly technology stipend
- Professional development opportunities
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you require reasonable accommodations for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.