When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
We are the nation's leading full-service environmental, engineering, and energy due diligence firm. We innovate solutions to our nation's largest challenges with affordable housing.
The Environmental Technician is responsible for the completion of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and Environmental Reviews (ERs). The Phase I ESA involves a review of regulatory records, historic documentation, and previous environmental studies, as well as a site inspection and interviews with property stakeholders. The ER involves an evaluation and compliance with various laws and authorities outlined in the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), as well as other project-specific guidance requirements (HUD MAP Guide, HUD Section 232 Handbook, RAD, SAC, HOME, HTF, etc.). We are seeking applicants with various levels of experience, from entry level to 5+ years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs project-related research in line with prescribed internal Phase I ESA and ER processes
- Coordinates with clients and site staff regarding the scheduling of Phase I ESA and ER site inspections, as well as performing the physical site inspections as necessary
- Arranges travel requirements to support completion of assigned projects
- Completes pre- and post-inspection interviews with Property Needs Assessors (if not completing site inspection)
- Completes review of regulatory records, historic documentation, and previous environmental studies of the subject property
- Conducts interviews with clients, site staff, and municipal/state/federal agencies as necessary to support the Phase I ESA and ER processes
- Communicates with appropriate internal management and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) regarding project-specific Phase I ESA and ER issues
- Composes written Phase I ESAs and ERs utilizing internal report templates
- Compiles and composes project-related appendix documents, including all necessary research to support the Phase I ESA, as well as the ER (ie, floodplain, wetlands, noise assessments, historic preservation, endangered species, etc.)
- Completes revisions to reports upon review by management
- Assists with the preparation of electronic draft Phase I ESAs and ERs for issuance to the client
- Completes internal propriety project management software tasks and report tracking processes
- Completes HUD’s Web-Based Instructional System for Environmental Reviews (WISER)
- Completes asbestos and lead-based paint training courses as necessary
- Ensures expense forms are submitted in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
- Four-year degree in environmental or physical science or an equivalent combination of experience and education preferred (B.S. preferred)
- Experience in a related field preferred
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Windows and Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong internet research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to read, write, and follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively in English
- Strong organizational skills and a focus on detail
- Ability to work independently and a willingness to learn
Working Conditions: Position requires travel for inspections with the United States, including by airplane or car. Typical inspections can range from two hours to two days.
Physical Requirements: The position requires overnight travel, walking around building(s) and property grounds during inspections, and sitting or standing in front of a computer while preparing inspection reports.