When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Green Engineer, Inc. is a sustainable design consulting firm located in Concord, MA with expertise in cost effective, high-performance design. We work with architects, builders, commercial owners, non-profits and the government sector to provide consulting services around sustainable building design, LEED certification, energy modeling, WELL and Fitwel certification, Passive House certification, and more. In our 16 years of operation, we have completed over 200 LEED Certified projects, and have a strong reputation with our clients.
We’re a little bit different than your average firm. We are a for-profit company with a focus on the triple bottom line: people, profit, and the planet. We are an employee-owned company, a Certified B Corp, recognized as “Best for the World” by BLab, and a Massachusetts Benefit Corporation. Our office is located near the West Concord Commuter Rail station.
The Green Engineer, Inc. seeks Energy Modeler (Building Performance Analyst II) for Concord, MA offices.
- Perform energy modeling tasks and other technical analyses to evaluate building envelope, materials, and HVAC systems and other structural parameters to evaluate the environmental impact of building design and systems;
- Create and engineer building energy models utilizing specialized energy modeling software such as DOE simulation engines, EnergyPlus, and eQuest;
- Perform energy simulation to evaluate building performance and energy consumption. Prepare for and lead energy charettes, required as part of the MassSave utility incentive process, engage in collaborative development of target/goal setting for energy use/emissions and methods to achieve those through building performance and related analyses; and
- Advise clients on procedures to comply with Massachusetts Environmental Protection Act (MEPA) requirements, provide energy simulations and reports showing compliance with MEPA greenhouse gas emissions protocol, and propose mitigation measures to reduce environmental impact of new projects, in addition to other specialized duties.
Position requires a Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Sustainable Design, Built Environment or closely related field plus 2 years’ experience in analysis, evaluation and design of building structures and performance metrics.
The position also requires 2 years of experience, which may be gained concurrently, in:
- Specialized energy software including EnergyPlus, eQuest, Design Builder, and Dept. of Energy Simulation Engines, DOE 2.2 and 2.3, Revit, AutoCAD or ArchiCAD; Applying specialized daylight and energy analyses;
- Applying U.S. and global energy standards such as International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and LEED categories, and concepts of building elements, attributes, assets, occupancy behaviors and combined impact on energy use;
- Applying green building practices, net zero housing, and energy efficiency methodologies such as PassivHaus, energy systems, and energy generation to reduce ecological impact of proposed structures;
- Applying environmental engineering concepts incl. building sciences, energy consumption, structural engineering, and ecological impact of land/building use in different environmental contexts and understanding of exterior building facades; Providing technical assistance to utilities as part of energy efficiency programs incl associated rebates and incentives; and
- Certification in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED AP BD+C) .
Please click "Apply" below to email a cover letter and resume.